My hands keep falling asleep, tips of fingers are numb...
Hi. I'm 21 weeks pregnant. I've had trouble with my hands, arms, hips falling asleep during the night. The snoogle pillow has really helped, but now it's mainly my right hand that falls asleep, to the point where it hurts. I can't even make a fist when it does that. During the day, the tips of my fingers on my right hand have been numb. Has this happened to anyone else & if so, how did you relieve it? Thanks :)
I had that during my pregnancy, unfortunately for me it only got worse and improved once i delivered...... i tried the snoogle and it didn't help me at all as my legs would also do the numb thing several times during the night.  If you're prone to swelling (which is what i thought it was complicated by) then start (or continue) drinking lots of water and watch your salt intake.  Good Luck,
J
I have it in my left foot, mainly the toes there.  I haven't been able to figure out anything to get rid of it.  Apparantly it just comes with the territory.  I wonder if it's not baby sitting on nerve endings or something?  I don't know it that can be the case, but it sort of makes sense to me.  
the sciatic nerve is located on each side of pelvis near the area wher hip bone meets femur ( large leg bone) baby could be putting pressure on it causing this numbness do mention it to dr.
oceanv: Thanks :) I love my snoogle. It helped me with my shoulders, hips, legs feet falking asleep, but now it's just my stinkin right hand. I do drinking only water, but I'll be sure to drink more of it :)

adgal: How funny that your left foot & toes are affected & my right hand and fingers are! Interesting ;) My mom actually suggested maybe a baby is lying on a nerve, so I guess that's possible!

Cherie762: That is good to know. It would make sense, I guess, that my hips were falling asleep as well... I'll see my doctor on Tues, so I'll mention it then. Thank you! :)
This health page on numbness and tingling in hands may also be a good resource. Check it out:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Pregnancy/Pregnancy-Symptom-Numbness-Tingling-in-Hands-Carpal-Tunnel-Syndrome/show/1034?cid=77
Ok. So, my ob thinks it's carpal tunnel, which is common in pregnancy due to fluid retention & will resolve itself after my babies are born. So, if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation, I was told to wear a wrist brace at night & take Tylenol to help w/inflammation & see if that helps.
That happened and still happens to my toes. I flex and open and close them often.  Try eating bananas as well.  It helped me with my leg cramps.