Natural or Epidural???? help!
I am 35 weeks today! I am very curious about a tub birth and all natural. I really do not care to be hooked up to a monitor and having wires going every where and not being able to be comfortable and hold baby with wires everywhere while in hospital :( and also a tub birth just seems so relaxing in a way...and my husband would prefer me do epidural, burning am the one having our child I think I should choose because I know what is best for myself...
I was adamant with my first child that it was all going to be natural.. it lasted 10 minutes before I demanded an epidural..lol..just do whatever feels right at the time.. Good luck with your decision
Ha ha oh goodness...well how did you feel about the epidural afterward?
To be honest I was fine I was able to get straight up and walk about, a little uncomfortable to have it inserted ( if that's the right terminology) but it gave me 20 odd hours of pain free labour.. started to wear off towards end, thus the reason for being immediately mobile.. Had such a great vision of being Mrs mother earth, whale music and peace.. erm not to be obviously..lol..
I have had two epidurals and plan on a third when my baby is due in Nov. With the first I was open to natural but when I was vomiting I opted for the epidural. With the second delivery I was barfing my brains out in the hospital b/c the epidural didn't take to both sides. While I was waiting for it to be adjusted they had to go in the hall and ask for more barf bags!  So - for me - it's epidural all the way.

I do have a friend who has done natural. She said after baby #1 when I was in awe of her, "Our bodies are made for it."

You have to feel your way through it and figure it out for yourself!
Thank y'all very much!!!
I will just keep praying about it
I had a unassisted water birth with my last and it was amazing, all the other have been active natural births as well, if everything is going ok and both you and bub are doing well, there is no reason why you cannot have a natural drug free birth :)
I have had 5 kids with no epidural or pain meds at all.  Two were in aborting center & it was the best experience.  I felt like I was in control & the medical professionals were with me every step of the way.  Do the research & choose whatever feels more comfortable for you.  Good luck!
*a birthing center. (iPhone word control kicked in-sorry)
I have had both my children without an epidural.  It isn't fun, but I'm glad I did it that way. I have a low pain tolerance and I made it.  It isn't for everyone though.
Are birthing centers common? Jackson,Ms is where I plan on having baby. I go to my Dr there.
Everything has been going great with me and him(baby) and I have been pretty active. I just am curious if he is a big baby how it would go without epidural also and if they still may have to give a episiotomy?
My biggest was 9lb 1 and all the others have been very close to 9lb and I'm only little, 5ft 2, I havent had any problems, the thing is to keep off your back, and off the bed when giving birth and during labour, when you like on your back you close off your pelis by up to 40%, which makes a huge difference, also, when bubs head is crowning you should be told not to push, its quite hard, but this gives the skin time to stretch, if its allowed to have the time to stretch, usually it will so then you wont need an episiotomy, you can do perineal massage to help with this , the early you start the better, but if you start now you shoulod be fine :)
I did an epidural b/c I just could not take the pain. I honestly don't know how women do it without the meds, so I have a ton of respect for those who can do natural births. Once they broke my water I was begging for that needle! An epi is no big deal, in my opinion. I was so freaked out about the needle but by the time it comes to that, you just want it over lol! I felt it really helped, personally. I'd say just be open to it as an option.