Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Ovulation Induction

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Ovulation Induction

Has anyone ever been through ovulation induction with clomid plus gonal-f and a trigger injection as the combined medication/treatment method?  I am particularly interested in whether it worked with timed intercourse versus IUI, how many mature eggs you were able to produce and if it resulted in a successful pregnancy.  Getting ready to start this regime and would like to hear from others who have this experience...  
Hi there.  I can't comment on the subject as I have not had this experience.  But I did want to recommend also posting this on the fertility forum.  Between the two forums I am certain you will find a few who have shared your experience.  Good luck!
Hi Chandy,
I am 40 and ttc #3. I am on my second dose of clomid-100 mg each day on days 3-7. I am now in day 23.  My cycles are pretty regular @ 28 days. We have been ttc since December. I did take an ovulation test this month and did use the soft cups. I did have an ultrasound on Monday and my doctor found 2 large follicles. One on each ovary. He said it was promising. We had sex on days 11 and 14. I am so hoping. I am not sure if what I have now is PMS or Pregnancy symptoms. I normally have sore boobs about 1 week prior to af, but as of today nothing. I have had a slight headache for a few days and also a terrible aching back. That usually only happens the day before af comes. Also, I have napped the last 2 days when I get home from work which has never happened. I never noticed any difference in my mood on Clomid and will stay on it for 3 more months if it does not work this month. Then I will go to a fertility specialist.

Liz
Hi Chandy,I am 41 and had an IUI procedure in may combined with gonal f injections and the trigger shot.Unfortunately for me it wasnt successful.I have taken a break for a few months and now due to start clomid on its own on my next cycle.I only have 1 fallopian tube so ovulation for me is every other month and i believe the IUI was done on the month from the side where i lost my tube.Fertility drugs to help a great deal and combined with IUI then it gives an even better chance.Good luck hun SSBD xx
I chandy, I do have some experience with Clomid/Gonal-f with a trigger inj of Ovidrel..I was only on 75 units of Gonal-f and Clomid of 50 mg I believe. I did 2 rounds of Clomid , oh and I did IUI and Im sorry to say it was not successful.. I think I had over larged follicles  that were to matured . I did get a cyts on both ovaries so in June , July I was not able to do injections...This month we are trying all natural, but if AF shows up next month I will be doing Gonalf-f 113 units for 5 days / Ovidrel ,with I hope we can do IUI.. Im 42. I had my FSH checked couple of wks ago and it was 9.4 which is pretty good. They want it under 10.. I hopeing this is our month God willing.... If not we will keep on trying. If it does not happen soon we are going to check into adoptions....:)  I wish you lots of SSBD .  Keep us posted.....Mary...:)
I was treated with clomid and ovidrel injection after to induce ovulation, Last friday they told me that I was pregnant, today they told me the baby is growing in my fallopian tube and has to be removed.  Clomid works but I guess I was just unlucky that the egg got stuck in the tube for no reason.  Tomorrow I go back to start the treatment to allow the baby to be absorbed into my system,  which they say can take up to 3 weeks.... they said I can try again as soon as my HCG levels go back to normal..  
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Belle313 commented on hansen20's status
Belle313, and renae176 commented on renae176's status
melimeli please take the survey at t... Comment
Jul 28