Positive MaterniT21 result for Down Syndrome
I'm 36, 11 weeks pregnant and found out this morning that the MaterniT21 results came back positive for Trisomy 21 or Downs Syndrome. I'm am at home by myself and have been googling all day. I haven't spoken to anyone, I feel numb, overwhelmed and have no strong feeling except wanting to be sure the results are correct. I didn't want to tell my husband over the phone and will tell him when he comes home tonight. The doctor didn't provide much detail except it was a positive screening test and I have options to do more tests (amniocentesis). I'm afraid to be hopeful and worried about the baby and what his (its a boy) and our life will be like.
False positives do happen!!!  hugs.  I'm sorry you got that feedback from your doctor.  I'm sure you have a million questions but again, false positives are not uncommon!!  Have you told your husband yet?  
Im so sorry as I know that had to be hard news to receive. But as another mentioned false positives may be possible. I would ask Dr for a more detailed analysis of the results. Me personally don't like the thought of the Amnio but everyone is different if you feel that is the route that you'd like to take for a more detailed/accurate result. Good luck and will be praying for you
Yes false positives do happen my 6 yr old daughter is proof! I was told she had the same thing while I was pregnant with her, my doctors exact words was that she would be severely mentally and physically retarded and would either die in my womb or shortly after birth! I was so devastated! They had me going to weekly ultrasounds and I was so scared that I purposely tried not to get attached to my unborn baby and even refused to pick out a name for her! Finally I put it in Gods hands and told them I wasn't going to anymore weekly ultrasounds bc they were causing me so much emotional stress and regardless of any test results it's not like I would've decided to get an abortion! I'd decided this was my baby and no matter how "handicapped" she was born I'd still keep her and love her! Well needless to say my daughter was born perfectly fine and healthy no retardations no abnormalities whatsoever she's almost 6 yrs old and has hit all her milestones right on time!