Post Hysterectomy Pain
Hi!  I'm 47 and just had a LAVH hysterectomy a little over 4 weeks ago.  I had my post-op appt. with my Doctor and told him that something wasn't right.  Between the incision in my navel and the one on the right side, I told him that I felt like something was attached to the right incision and pulled, burned and hurt.  He told me there was a deep suture inside, but that it shouldn't come loose until 7-8 weeks.  This is a really weird, painful and annoying problem.  It hurts if I bend over to the right side(regarless whether I'm sitting or standing).  It feels like there is something loose and that I actually can press on it and move it over so that it doesn't hurt to bend.  I don't know what it is, but whatever it is, is like it gets bound when I bend.  If feels better with pressure applied.  My abdomen is still tender and swells daily.  Any thoughts on what this might be.  I am getting really concerned.  I have another appt. on the 27th but would appreciate any insight that you could offer.
I'm no doctor but in my case, I just found out that I have abdominal adhesions from my tubal reversal surgery. You can google abdominal adhesions and find out some interesting things. Basically it is where right after you have surgery the incision sight will actually heal in some cases connected to other parts of your insides *thus causing abdominal adhesions*. It is something at times that has to be taken care of surgically. However in my case they can't do surgery as I am 11w6d pregnant. If I were you, which I'm not telling you what to do, I would go to another doctor if the one you see now isn't concerned and see what the new one says.

But then again, since the surgery was not long ago, it may just take some time to heal. My surgery was March 15 and I noticed the pain at the end of April.

Good Luck to you.

Patty