Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Pregnancy after tubal ligation help

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy after tubal ligation help

I will try to make this as short as possible but I am really desperate for some help. I had a tubal ligation in 2001. My LMP was 6/2/2012. On 6/27 I began lightly spotting pink only when I wiped. I found this strange not only because it was way to early to spot if I had a normal 28 day cycle but also because my periods are irregular and usually more than a month apart. I also have had some symptoms like swollen nipples and genitals, constipation (which I never have), little brown spots on my face like melasma, headaches and back pain. On 6/30 I had 4 HPT that were all faint positives. I called my medical group and the doctor on call instructed me to call Monday for blood work and an ultrasound but to go to the ER immediately if I started cramping or heavy bleeding. Monday 7/2 I started spotting blood that lasted two days, I talked to the nurse and went to have blood drawn. 7/3 I was notified that my test was a weak positive. 7/5 I had a pelvic ultrasound. I was on the table for about an hour the techs were extremely rough and of course they could not tell me anything. I could not see the screen. But I did hear the one tech tell the other "that is just the decidual effect there" and she also asked me if I had passed any clots. I left sore and spotting, the spotting stopped by morning. The doctor has yet to call me about the results even though the nurse has left 2 messages for him and he was in the office Thursday and Friday, and the nurse will not tell me anything except it was normal. They also refuse to let me talk to my regular doctor who is at the same office because this other doctor is the one that ordered the tests. I am so stressed and don't know what to think. I would assume they would have sent me to surgery if it was ectopic. So I'm left wondering am I pregnant or did I miscarry? does anyone have any advice or suggestions?
I don't have any advice, but i do wish you lots of luck!!
I was wondering how things went. I would seek the advise of another doctor and redo tests. If there was any signs of an eptopic pregnancy they should of delt with it at that time. No matter how faint a test comes out a positive is a positive. I had an ectopic once. It was usual. I had a faint test result but was extremely sick, vomiting. When I started spotting I didn't feel right. There was no pain and little blood. It turned out the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and was in my tube.  I should of been 8 weeks. It wasn't what I was told it should be like. It's always good to get a second opinion. I hope everything turns out well.