Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Pregnancy at Late Age

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy at Late Age

Hello, What should be ideal age for an woman for her first pregnancy ? Can a woman around age of 34-35 become preganant ? What are the precautions for late pregannacy.

Are the women remain equally sexually active and reactive over the age of 30 ?

Regards Ady
The ideal age to have a baby is a personal choice...so in my opinion when you're physically, mentally and emotionally ready to have a baby, whether it's in your 20's, 30's or 40's, then go for it!  Yes a woman age 34-35 can become pregnant.  Precautions for late pregnancy I would say from 45+ would be the obvious age factor, as well as the womans body may not have many viable eggs left.  In addition to being in a higher risk bracket for complications, and chromosone abnormalities...But if you are thinking of becoming pregnant at 34 or 35, you will be just fine, depending on your health history, etc.  I see you are from India, how did you find our pregnancy forum?  Are you asking on behalf of someone else or yourself?  Anyway, best wishes!
K, deja vu happening here..;..this is the third time you have posted this question....there are also a bunch of answers on your last post.  Good luck to you...mid 30's is a fine time to have  a baby if that is what you want.  Take care.
There are precautions according to doctors after the age of 35. I am 38 yrs. old trying for my first child. I miscarried at 8 wks. in Oct, which I was told is common after 35. You need to know that pregnancy is a risk at any age, so I wouldn't put soooo much weight on age especially, if you are still in your early 30's. The precautions are some, but I think with good prenatal care, you will be FINE!
I am 8 weeks pregnant at the present time.  I lost a baby two years ago at about 6-8 weeks gestation.  Last year I was diagnosed with Type 2D and was put into intensive care cause my blood sugar was almost 600!! We were devestated one event after another. I was blessed enough to  have had a son 16 years ago and that pregnancy was a healthy one....but then again, I was much healthier and 25! Now I am 42 heading towards 43 in 5 months and worrying about everything under the sky!I take my blood sugar three times a day, worrying about gaining more weight, and wondering if this baby will be healthy and normal - and if we have to terminate this pregnancy, how it will destroy my loving husband once again. He has never had children and since we met we shared the idea of possibly having one. And now after 4 yrs of a blissful marriage we are faced with this uncertainty of not knowing how these 8 weeks will play out within the next 3 weeks whenn I go see a high risk ob/gyn to possibly get an amnio done.

I should be enjoying these wonderful weeks leading into my 3rd month of pregnancy but instead of fretting about what my high blood sugar may be doing to my unborn baby.

Any suggestions or comforting thoughts.......

Are you on insulin already?  That is really helpful in controlling blood sugar.

I'm now at 4 1/2 months and on insulin and so far seem to be doing fine.

Please feel free to send message to me.

Sally