Pregnancy symptoms...maybe???
Hi, my LMP was on 19th Oct. I had spotting a couple of days before my last period was due (literally only when I wiped) but pregnancy tests came back negative. I seemed to need to go to the toilet more frequently...but it may have been psychological as a was checking to see if my period had arrived! Other symptoms are: feeling bloated, a few dizzy spells (occasionally not constant), the same with feeling nauseous, more vaginal discharge, headaches, upset stomach, very soft and tender cervix, stuffy nose, lower abdominal cramps and when I wee (sorry) it seems to be darker and have a stronger smell. My breasts are a little bit tender but not as much as other ladies have described, and I am tired but not in the same league as I was when I had my daughter 14 years ago...although I did lock my office door and go to sleep for an hour one evening last week which is not the norm ;) My next AF is due in 3 days and I'm trying to hold off from doing a test until then but I'm torturing myself by reading zillions of forums to try and find someone with the same symptoms who has a definite answer (although I know everyone's different!) So I thought I'd post myself. I went to the doctor last week who didn't think it was an early menopause due to a few reasons, he suggested I wait another week and then test again as it could be stress related...although the wait is driving me crazy and other than that i don't feel stressed! I'm analysing every little change and niggle that my body has. Part of me thinks that I am pg but then is it just wishful thinking??? Maybe! Any advice on how to develop a little patience is gratefully received ;)
Pregnancy symptoms are brought on by the pregnancy hormone hcg, so if you are having strong symptoms then I'd think you'd test positive on a hpt.  It's rare, but there are some women who don't get postive urine results for some reason and only blood levels will tell them.  As for my symptoms, I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms, like the ones you describe, until mid week 5 of pregnancy.  I've never had pregnancy symptoms show up b/4 my missed period.  but that's just my experience.  Good luck!
Thanks Saraanon, if I am pregnant I will be 7 and a half weeks now (as my November AF didn't make an appearance other than the mild spotting). I last tested a week and a half ago and I'm trying desperately hard to wait until Wednesday when my next AF 'should' appear. To be honest I'm not sure what happens if you just 'miss' a period as it's never happened before, if my last period had shown up then it would be due on Wednesday. I've had mild cramping the entire month and thought on more than one occasion that I had started...but nothing. Still hoping for positive, even though it would be a real shock to the system as I have two teenagers :)