Pregnant and hungry all the time
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and have a little concern about my hunger... I am 38 years old and 8 weeks pregnant.  I am excessively hungry all the time... every hour I have to eat something.  Within 9 days I gained close to 8 lbs.  is it normal?  I thought that the first trimester you might not eat anything at all due to morning sickness..  well I do have my morning sickness, but still I have to eat.. each time when I ate, I started feeling nausea... Any advise will help...

I haven't really had this happen, so it's hard for me to say. However, I did read a normal weight gain during the whole first trimester.  I doubt this is a problem, however if concerned mention it to your Dr. at your next appointment!  Good luck to you!
This is a huge weight gain.  You should bring this up with your ob since they worry about blood pressure although everything also depends on how much weight you started out with.  
I have been the same way with all of my pregnancies.  I was hungry all of the time and could not get enough to eat.  I started to bring lots of fruit with me and would just snack on the fruit so I wouldn't gain a lot of weight.  I also drank lots of water and that would help me not eat all of the time.  
my hunger didn't really kick in until recently.. probably around 21wks.. but everyone is different..

Nice seeing you in the pg forum!!
My OB said you should gain more if you are below or close to a normal weight, less if you are overweight.
Thank you for all the feedbacks... I am actually underweight... I am 5'6" and only weight 113lbs.. Last week I was 118lbs.. I think I might gain some more... Next Monday I will see my OB and i will mention to her about my eating and my weight...  

Have a nice day.

I could be that your body's trying to build up a fat reserve.  That happened to me too...I was so hungry first trimester.  I couldn't get enough to eat  I used to pick at my food, but after I got pregnant I began to eat until my plate was clean.   In fact it seems like I want to snack all the time even now.
It is definitely because you were underweight to start with. I am 39 and almost 10 weeks pregnant. I feel I get hungry every 3 hours. I have been eating lighter foods though so that i do not gain a huge amount of weight or eat too much sugar, etc. I keep a tupperware container of oyster crackers or cheerios with me at all times so when the hunger comes on, I have something to eat and fill myself up before I eat a huge meal and then feel sick. I have terrible nausea (no vomiting) since 6 weeks and I hear it last until 12 or 13 weeks.....I have gained 1 lb so far.....but I started out 5'7 and 130 lbs......so more of a normal weight.