Progesterone Drop
I am brand new to this forum and am so happy to have found it. I am 5 weeks pg and had so blood tests done Tuesday after minor spotting Monday night.  My HCG levels have continued to double and as of Tuesday were at 7000, my progesterone levels, however, have dropped.  Here are my levelss so far:

Dec. 15 HCG 487,   Prog. 66.19
Dec. 17 HCG 1507, Prog. 67.91
Dec. 21 HCG 7000, Prog. 56.30

I know my Prog. levels are good in terms of what is normal, but I am concerned about the drop.  OBGYN says they are fine, but what would cause such a significant drop?

Any hints?

Thank you!  Jenn
Possible vanishing twin might have caused the spotting and the drop.  But your hcg levels are still doubling so that is a great sign.  Good luck to u.
Mine dropped as well although my levels were much lower than yours (20 range).  They even got below 20.  (I'm now 14 weeks and all is fine).  I had the same question as you - is it normal for progesterone to drop?what causes it to drop? - and got the answer that progesterone has normal fluctuation and it's nothing to worry about.  Your levels are so high there definitely seems to be nothing to worry about.  Some doctors don't even test for progesterone because all it does is cause people to worry needlessly.

Enjoy your pregnancy and congrats!