Progesterone therapy and Placenta Previa
Im 15 weeks pregnant, my SCH and slight tear of the placenta has healed. Now I'm spotting because I have a low laying placenta and I understand it will move up as the pregnancy progresses however my question is Im terrified to stop my progesterone suppositories that I'm taking....doesn't progesterone therapy help with the uterine lining?    Do I really need to stop taking it?
Went to the er for pain and have been diagnoised with Placenta Previa puting me on bed rest until seen by my ob midwives Monday!!! Hopefully they dont switch me to high risk or a OBGYN doctor.. :o( Baby is very healthy though so I cannot complain. Sep 06 - 3

mikahsmom Unfortunately with placenta previa you will most likely need a section as the placenta is covering the cervical opening. Sometimes (rarely) it will be to the side. This is considered a high risk pregnancy and will be on hospitalized bed rest near the end.
Sep 06
Delete | Report
mikahsmom But the goal is a healthy happy baby in your arms!!! Just keep that in mind!!
Sep 06

PurpleLush07 Thank you I really need to here the cold hard truth my mid-wife made it seem like it was normal and that it would move. I'm off bed-rest for now especially since I don't do much at work but sit and type.
Sep 12
I wanted to share that with you because I was fortunate to receive this on a status.
I had the same story: subchorionic hematoma followed by early placenta previa.  Placenta previa moved up in a few weeks.  Progesterone has nothing to do with placenta putting pressure on your cervix.  At the time of my placenta previa I was not taking any progesterone shots.  Placenta will move up as your baby moves up.
I am so sorry this is such a stressful pregnancy, I can totally relate.
Thank you, when did you give birth? Im counting down the days to march, I just want to hold my son. I will stay in bed for the next 6 months if I have to.
I gave birth at 40 weeks!  No bed rest was necessary.  Early placenta previa typically resolves itself.  Placenta previa in the 3rd trimester is very different and in some cases bed rest is necessary.
Hello I wish you luck do rest please, regards progesterone I was few scribed to take it 3 months, I use pessaries, all Institute Marques Barcelona patients seem do this but then I am 45 socould be an age thing. I was told it was for lining thickness.

Best wishe x