Progesterone
In 35 and 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant. The doctor out me progesterone pills 200mg once a day. So many side effects i get from them. Anyone else get rapid weight gain? I don't even eat much at all!
Hi, progesterone helps your embryo stay attached to your lining. Are they vaginal capsules? That is what I use.

If so, you can experience a little cramping, thick white vaginal discharge (sorry for the details) and yes maybe a little weight, but hey, for a healthy baby these symptoms are nothing.
They are the regular supplements by mouth. They have caused me to gain seven pounds already and are causing anxiety attacks which I'm already prone too but are worse due to this med. It scares me cause the one pregnancy i miscarried with i was having bad anxiety attacks and ended up having no symptoms of a miscarriage until I went in for ultrasound and , no heartbeat! I wasn't on any Prometrium at the time though. But the doc said it can make it worse.
You could ask your doctor to prescribe you the vaginal capsules, it's worth given it a try. It's supports the pregnancy just as good.

Some women like for example are prone to gain weight easily when taking hormones, I gain about 50 pounds in three years of fertility treatment to get pregnant with my baby, 4 weeks since my last period.

You can't really control your body, it's just the way it is. Try to work on your anxiety issues instead, be active moderately and eat well. Do what you can control to have a healthy baby and you get back in shape after.