Risk of pregnancy at age 49
I am a 49 year old mother of 5, ranging in age from11 to 24.  I am currently in a relationship but I have not been practicing birth control.  Although I still cycle regularly, I thought the chances of me becomeing pregnant are very low.  Although I know the chance is always there, do many women ttypically conceive at my age without intervention? My goal is to NOT get pregnant!!
I'd take the need for birth control a more seriously, since you have had several kids.  The odds of being able to conceive naturally (even this late) go up for a woman who has had a lot of kids.
Well I'm SURE it's possible to. I'd say IF you don't want anymore kids to get your tubes cut or whatever it is they do.
I agree with the others.  If you want to prevent a pregnancy I would use birth control.  Better then risking an unwanted pregnancy.  
My goal is to NOT get pregnant!!   ...hum!

best advice visit you doctor, there are pills, condoms and also you can have a sirgury to prevent pregnancy forever...aghhh  also your boyfriend can have a  vasectomy
good luck!
Hello, I did it. Did not think I could conciev. I am pregnant at 49years old. This is my tenth child
If you do a load of research I think you will find that the odds are practically nil.  Even though you are having regular cycles, I'll bet that if you were charting you would find that you aren't ovulating.  I've been charting for some time now, TTC (I'm 44) and though I have periods, am not ovulating most of the time.

One thing you could do is to have your hormones checked.  That would be cheaper and less invasive than tubal ligation or vasectomy, though doctors would probably prefer that because they would make money.

Fertility clinics can't even manage to get women of 49 pregnant with IVF unless the woman is using donor eggs.  

Good luck!  Start charting and I think it will put your fears to rest.  
starting spotting on Friday Nov. 26. the spotting increased.
Today Dec 3 the spotting has changed from brown to brighter red and my hcg is only 4000ish. No more breast tenderness. I am so hurt.
So so hurt. Thank you all. Bye baby Charlie. I loved you so. And thanks for the smidgeon of joy you brought me.
Thank you for your comment, I'm 49 and trying to concieve. I have been pregrant 6 times and I just married 5 years ago for the first time and my husband don't have any kids of his own. You gave me confident to go ahead and concieve one more time.
Thank you Queen B