Severe menstral cramps
What can cause severe pain with period?

Cramps are normal, but is severe, sharp stabbing pains that make you lighthead, nausous, and even painful to sit normal?

I'm use to cramps, but this time something didn't feel right. Just wondering if others my age ttc ever experienced this and if there is a cause for concern.
I never had them as bad as you describe, but did have an increase in cramping.  I came to find out it was most likely due to fibroids.  They did not impact my ability to conceive, but did make periods more uncomfortable.  In your case, being that severe I think it might be worth a trip to your Dr.  They shouldn't make you feel that bad.....probably nothing serious, but best for them to check it out.  I hope you feel better soon!
Hi, I had endometriosis.  I had to have lap. surgery to remove because it affected my ability to conceive.  It made my hormone levels wacky and caused painful periods with heavy bleeding.  After I had surgery my periods were much better.  Good luck to you.
We're ttc too. For a year now. I called my nurse yesterday and she said it was normal to have severe cramps like that. It's not for me. I was also extrememly sore the day after the severe cramps. So sore it hurt when I sat down.

Another wierd thing is going on. My menses usually last 4-5 days. I started late Sunday night. The severe cramping was Monday, Tuesday went real light, and by Tuesday night - gone.

Last cycle did the same thing. Can endometrious do that? Where did my period go? It barely lasted a day and a half?
Endometriosis can totally wack out your hormone levels and make your cycle all kinds of crazy.  I would get dizzy, throw up, have severe headaches, exhausted to the point of wanting to sleep all day for the first 2 days of my period, and my dh described me as the devil. Also some months I would have my usual 6 day menses.  Next month 3 days, next month 8.  Severe cramps are not normal.  After sugery my periods were normal 6 days again, regular flow, very little cramping, none of the other symptoms.  Also my hormone levels went pretty close to normal and we are 17 weeks pg.  We still had to have some meds to get there but its more due to my age and my re likes the aggressive approach.  We also tried a little over a year before we go to this point.  
So it can make it harder to get pregnant...

My yearly exam is coming up in November. Is that too long to hold out for to see the doc about it? Can you get pregnant with edometrious? Can it cause a miscarriage?
I don't think endometriosis can cause miscarriage, but I could be wrong.  I do know, however, it does make it a bit more difficult to conceive with Endometriosis.  I've had a few friends with Endometriosis and they had painful periods, hot flashes, and had difficult times conceiving.  They had to take hormone pills as well.  But, I wouldn't panic and just assume thats what you have.  If your pain is that bad, call and change your November exam date to a sooner date!
I want to, but money is an issue. When I talked to the nurse, she said if we can combine all this with my yearly exam then insurance will cover it. I have horriable insurance. No copays - everything Is out of pocket till we reach our deductible, but it pays 100% for well health visits.

I am very anxious to see the doc and thought about just taking it out of savings. I'm getting so frustrated and having insurance dictate when I can see the doc doesn't help. We want a baby so badly.
I also suffer from extreme, debilitating cramps during the monthly nightmare. I have also experienced nausousness, extreme fatigue, and it didnt help to sit, stand, excercise or anything else. I was plain miserable no matter what. I have tried all kinds of pain killers, muscle relaxers, remedies, teas, etc, so far nothing works. I am not sure how old you are, but I am 26, I have two kids c-sections both times for I was told that I have a tilted pelvic bone. I am not sure though since I been reading and researching about uterine fibroids. I am going to go see a different doctor for I dont feel my doctor is able to help me. I have been through all kinds of different tests, labs, etc, and nothing has come back with results that are promising. On the good side- no bad news is good too. I just want to be able to understand why I suffer so bad and find a cure or something to at least take the edge off. Good luck. I am sorry we have to go through this and the docs cant pinpoint whats going on.