Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Sharp pain in breasts? :(

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Sharp pain in breasts? :(

why in the world do i get random sharp pains in my breasts? it seems to happen every so often, maybe once or twice a week, there will be a time frame of about an hour, or less... where every few minutes, i get a very sharp pain through my breast that starts usually in the middle and shoots up through my nipple, sort of... it hurts really  bad when it happens.. it comes and goes.. i'm pretty sure it has happened in both now. and when i feel to see if anything isn't normal, i can actually feel where the pain is coming from, i can just tell... it doesn't happen while i'm like, pressing on or near the area.... anyone else ever have this problem or anything similar, before? i'm just worried a little, wondering if something is wrong... and i also plan to breastfeed, curious if this the sign of a problem.. can anyone help?
i get those odd pains too. once a day, or sometimes once a week, sometimes quick, othertimes it lasts 10 mins. or so.

i breast fed my 1st baby  (11 yrs. ago) ... no probs, don't remember if i had these pains back then,
I had the same type of pains, also.  I just figured it was the hormones and the bodies way of readying me for breastfeeding.  I wouldn't worry, although, I know it is very uncomfortable.
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
LandM2009, and Belle313 commented on LandM2009's status
Belle313, renae176, and journey2motherhood commented on Shannon79's status