Aa
A
A
Close
Slow to rise / double hcg/beta levels with ivf pregnancy.
I had 2 x good quality day 5 blastocysts implanted on 29 august. On 7 September I had my first blood test which confirmed I am pregnant and my hcg/beta level was good at 109. 2 days later I took my second blood test and the level was only 135, which is only something like a 24% increase, not the desired 60% increase. I'm scheduled to do another blood test tomorrow and really need to hear positive stories. Anybody else have a similar experience with a happy ending? This is my first ivf and my first pregnancy and I am 42 years old.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
973741 tn?1342346373
I'm sending you positive vibes hon!!  It's early, please remember that!!!  And you could all of a sudden surge with your numbers.  hugs
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thank you!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
973741 tn?1342346373
Have you been back yet?  How are things going?  Thinking of you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi Specialmom, yes I had another blood test yesterday and the level was 189, so they are still rising and speeding up, still nowhere near doubling but for now I'm grateful we're moving in the right direction. Thanks for the thoughts :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
973741 tn?1342346373
Oh good!  I'll keep checking back to see how it is going!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I had another test today after a  5 day break and my levels are 4411. They are more than doubling each 48 hours :) My first scan is tomorrow.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
973741 tn?1342346373
I'm so glad you are still doing okay!!  Thank you for the updates---  keep them coming!  Sending you my best luck wishes!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community Resources