Threatened Abortion
I am 37 y.o. and I went to the gyn Wednesday for what I thought was amennorrhea as thought my cycle was returning.  I thought I was having a very bad period that begun on saturday 1/9/10.  I had two quarter size clots and a very large dark red clot that came out upon wiping on the first day of my period.  I bled for 8 days accompanied by really bad left side pain in the pelvic region and by day 4 I was lightheaded, dizzy, had nausea, and by day 6 the pain travel straight up and down from my vagina area.  It was hard to urinate and by sunday of this week I started feeling better.  On Monday I've had light pink ting upon wiping and dull left side pain.  I've had amenorrhea this 3 times in three years.  He checked my uterus and cervix and ovaries said everything was fine. He did my hormones and sent me on my way with a script for premphase.

Well they called Thursday and said my tests came back as I am pregnant!  Shocked me for sure, however, I am not quite sure what is going on.  I am going back tomorrow for another blood test.  The nurse explained they will be looking at my hcg levels and progrostrone levels.  She told me if it is 10 or less than I miscarriaging and if its over 10 it was a normal pregnancy with HCG levels doubling  She went on to tell me that I am not to use tampons, no sex, nothing....(used a tampon last week while bleeding). She said alot of things that confused me and I asked at the end of the phone call if this means either way its not going to happen.  She said I would have to wait the weekend out for results but if I experienced should or upper ab pain or heavy bleeding more than a maxi pad per hour than go to ER.  She also said no sex no tampsons no nothing.  

When I went to get my blood test this morning, they did my hcg, progestrone, and blood type as well as CBC.  The paperwork on my bill says Threatened AB which I know stands for threatened abortion.  Can anyone help or explain whats going on? I read on the net that threatened miscarriage or abortion is not definite.  I don't think I have any signs of pregnancy (my left side is still tender) and I assume that when the dr. checked me out, he would have seen the fetus but told me the cervix, uterus, and ovaries looked good.  I am assuming I miscarried during the week last week.  I am just trying to get information so I understand everything.
I would try and take it really easy,rest drink lot of water, and pray, i will say an extra prayer your way with some sticky baby dust! hope you get good new on monday best wishes, Julia
Thank you very much.  I was doing fine til this afternoon.  I am a teacher and I am getting a bit crampy in the pelvic area and a little nausea (nausea-but it could be in my head too)...so much is going on.