Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Two weeks late after clomid

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Two weeks late after clomid

I was 2 weeks  past my period. Got breast tenderness, increase in appetite and increase in urination. Tested  negative on HPT but I'm having some spotting right now. Should I call for stat appointment?
Yes...i took clomid and was told it will make you get your period if you dont concieve (conceive)...i specifically asked since i have PCOS and dont really get a period...i would make an appt...good luck!
When I was on clomid it delayed my cycle significantly.  It also did cause the symptoms you are mentioning, especially the breast tenderness.  You still get your period when you are on clomid, but it can often delay ovulation, and then extend your luteal phase as well.  If you have a negative hpt, the spotting is probably the beginning of your period.  Hang in there, just because you didn't conceive this cycle, does not mean you won't.  Good luck to you!
Thank you. I was so depressed yesterday. I was really hoping that I could be pregnant. Do you know of any reason implantation could have ocurred but embryo terminated too soon. Why else could I have the signs and symptoms? My Obgyn said my hormones are normal, US was normal, HSG was normal. Now I'm scared I can not sustain pregnancy.
How many cycles have you had on clomid?
Honey, chances are good that you just didn't conceive this time. Clomid can bring on all kinds of symptoms that are similar to pregnancy.  So there is no reason to think this was a miscarriage.

If it was a loss, it would be what is called a chemical pregnancy.  And it just happens.  It does not mean you cannot carry a  pregnancy.  But honestly, I think the clomid just brought on the symptoms and delayed cycle.  It's very normal for that to happen with it.  All the best to you.
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
mhv, renae176, KeeLolo, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
mhv Summer is coming to an end.... Comment
Hollus, and renae176 commented on renae176's status
Aug 27