Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
VERY VERY THIN LINE ON EPT TEST

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

VERY VERY THIN LINE ON EPT TEST

I took a EPT test yesterday just for the hell of it cause I was throwing up for some strange reason and when I took the test I sat it down and went to go watch t.v when I came back I saw a VERY VERY THIN line like someone took a blue fine marker and drew a line going straight down to make the + sign so i looked at it like is this a evap or is this a postive ???? so i went into the bathroom and put it under the light to see if i can see the blue color and there is was BLUE put very very then almost like the thin like the line your see when your typing have anyone had this problem with ept test besides me or if so did are your preggo now?or is this a neg
Sounds like a positive to me.. If there is any color that is a good sign.. my positives have all started out very light and very thin..  I would buy a first response early results test and try again..

Congrats.. it looks like you made it!!
In my original post below about a faint blue line, you asked if I was actually pregnant in that cycle.  The answer is no.  So my advice is to believe the instructions on the box that you can only read the blue line as positive if it shows up in the strict time limit listed on the test; otherwise, it's an evaporation line.  But even then, the ept +/- isn't that reliable.  The next month, I had one of those same tests left, so I did the test the day before my period, and it showed no blue +.  But I actually was pregnant.  So I think the best approach is to wait until the day your period is due (I know this is really hard to do!) and use one of the digital tests that says either pregnant or not pregnant.  Hope you get the results you want!
I had this MANY.....MAAANY times happen to me with EPT.....(cvs).....
I agree with BGMN, don't trust it unless it appears within the 10 min mark. That was the only difference between my evaps and my real BFP, my real one appeared very fine and light, but it was there in less than a minute! and i mean it was LIGHT! i had to squint!

Good luck to you!