Vitamins that don't cause constipation???
Does anyone have a great prenatal vitamin that does NOT cause constipation?  I have tried two different kinds plus a stool softener and still I deal with constipation.  I am weary about switching around vitamins too much but I am 5 weeks + and can't imagine dealing with constipation for the next 8 months...
Yikes...sorry you're uncomfortable!  What prenatals have you tried?  I only used Prima Care One prenatals and Colace stool softener, they worked great for me.  I was very constipated during my pregnancy, I also drank tons of water, which really helped...and ate lots of pears!!  Good luck!
ok - pears - I'll give it a shot!
I also have this problem as I am on the prenatals and iron.  Its apparantly the iron in the prenatals that causes it, and I don't think you can buy them without it.  You need the extra iron now anyway.  I take metamucil, which I know for certain if fine during pregnancy...and as Pam said, lots and lots of water.  Oh, and dried apricots are little miracle workers. Good luck, hope your feeling less uncomfortable soon!!
I am on Sisu brand supreme multi expecting ( i took them before I was pregnant too), these are usually sold in health food stores. My doctor approved them, he actually said he was quite happy with what he read about them. The lady that works in the health food store said they are more natural forms of all the vitamins so they are easier to digest. I am also taking extra folic acid and extra liquid iron. ( I was low in iron previous to becoming pregnant) again my doctor was very happy with these products.As Amanda said the usual culprit causing constipation is the iron,but even with it in the multi and the liquid form I have had no issues. I am not taking any fibre either. I bought everything at the health food store. I have had no problem with constipation, in fact I am still very regular with this pregnancy. check out www. sisu.  com without the spaces and go to products then womens health and it will give you the lowdown as well as where to buy.
Hope this helps!
keep using your fav vitamin and take a fiber supplement once a day to keep you regular.  Benefiber is one of the better ones....no grit you can add it to food or drink. Trust  me you will thank me for this bit of advice when you see yourself get more regular.