Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Want to know

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Want to know

Could I be pregnant and still have my period?
NO not technically.... but you can experence a bleed that can resemble your period ( it may be lighter or shorter) , and still remain pregnant, this is usually due to hormone levels in early pregnancy :)
My sister had regular full on periods for the first 5 months of her first 2 pregnancies. She wised up on the second one to her odd body and had a blood test because her first pregnancy was quite a shock! She's recently had her 4th child and there was no periods on these last two pregnancies. I would say of you're experiencing pregnancy like symptoms yet still having periods you should consult a doctor. They could do an ultrasound or even just a blood test to rule out or confirm pregnancy. If they rule it out then can then work on what's causing the symptoms with you. Best wishes x
Look up and read on decidual and vaginal bleeding during pregnancies... It happens
About 30% of women will experience some bleeding during early pregnancy.  It is however NOT a period.  Our period arrives after ovulation, and involves the shedding of the uterine lining.  For obvious reasons, that cannot happen during pregnancy.  Although most of the time first trimester bleeding is just fine, it should be reported to your Dr.

All the best.
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
KeeLolo, and veronica0808 commented on veronica0808's status
1 hr ago
renae176, and veronica0808 commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
veronica0808 commented on KTowne's status