Aa
A
A
Close
Want to know
Could I be pregnant and still have my period?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1806883 tn?1458324604
NO not technically.... but you can experence a bleed that can resemble your period ( it may be lighter or shorter) , and still remain pregnant, this is usually due to hormone levels in early pregnancy :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My sister had regular full on periods for the first 5 months of her first 2 pregnancies. She wised up on the second one to her odd body and had a blood test because her first pregnancy was quite a shock! She's recently had her 4th child and there was no periods on these last two pregnancies. I would say of you're experiencing pregnancy like symptoms yet still having periods you should consult a doctor. They could do an ultrasound or even just a blood test to rule out or confirm pregnancy. If they rule it out then can then work on what's causing the symptoms with you. Best wishes x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Look up and read on decidual and vaginal bleeding during pregnancies... It happens
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
377493 tn?1356505749
About 30% of women will experience some bleeding during early pregnancy.  It is however NOT a period.  Our period arrives after ovulation, and involves the shedding of the uterine lining.  For obvious reasons, that cannot happen during pregnancy.  Although most of the time first trimester bleeding is just fine, it should be reported to your Dr.

All the best.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
18981035 tn?1474954407
Blank