Welcome New Members!!!
Hello and Welcome to the Pregnancy 35+ Community!! This is a forum for all who are looking for answers, have suggestions, or who would just like to make friends of women who are pregnant and around 35. We here have grown into a great group of people who really are there for you when you need it! You can ask questions and those that have some familiarity with what you are going through will be sure to jump in the thread with their comments!

As a Community Leader of this forum I would appreciate it if you would please show respect to those that post comments and leave the arguing and negative comments out! The community is surely going to continue to grow stronger if we all remain respectful!

Also - I would like to add, we have a Medhelp Babies List (Baby Bundles - Pink/Blue/Surprise Teams) for those who would like to be on it showing when your baby is due and the sex and name if you have picked them out! If you would like to be added to this Please feel free to send Adgal a message with your due date, singleton or twins, sex and name of your baby(s)!! The list is growing more and more every day!!

Lastly, I would like to point you to the "Pregnancy Tracker" that you can add to your profile. Just click on ‘My MedHelp’ at the top of page. Then click Trackers and follow the steps to add your tracker.  You can easily watch your Pregnancy progress!  Also, we have a "Baby Ticker" which can be used in your posts and journal entries.

Thanks so much and again.. Welcome to the Pregnancy 35+ forum!!

CL Pregnancy 35+
Community Leader
Adgal
Hello. I am new to this site,but have already found alot of useful information. This is my first pregnancy I am 27 wks pregnant  with a baby girl!! I am 34 but will be 35 on may 7th...
i am 34.6 and husband is 37.4 have been with husband 15 years adopted 4 children have been trying to concieve naturaaly for 8 years i have an elevated fsh 13.9 endometriosis and ovarian cyst and hyperplasia and abnormally shaped top of my uterus i have been working with fertility specialist for a few months 50mg of clomid o results 100mg of clomid and one 20mm follicle 7 days post iui today april13 2009 trying to et through the dreaded 2ww..  only symptom is cramping esp on right side
So happy that i found this group!  I'm 38 (will be 39 in a few hours!), about 7 weeks preggers w/ 1st after having a missed m/c at the beginning of feb... feel optimistic, but secretly SO anxious about my age... the m/c we just went thru... etc...  aughhh - just had to release that from my brain
Thanks for this forum!  xx j
I am 35, husband 44, ttc #1. Off birth control end of Feb, then 4 weeks limbo, not sure there was ovulation, then 2 normal regular cycles, although the second turned into a 4-day late start of period (neg test at 18 dpo). I didn't realize how much I had my hopes up until it turned out that it was not our month. You spend so much time so concerned about preventing, only to discover that it's not exactly like falling off a log when you no longer want to prevent. Reading this forum is evidence that a) it's normal not to succeed right away and b) eventual success is fairly likely. Also, having been on the pill for quite a while, it's a challenge for me to actually have the natural hormonal changes...since everything is different. At first I wanted to call them all pregnancy symptoms, but now I've learned that they are just cycle symptoms. Anyway, doing my best to be patient and hopeful. --M
Hello

I am so happy to find this forum.  I am 39 and DH is 38, ttc for #1.  I just started with Lupron for IVF.  We tried 1 round of IUI and and 1 round of 100 mg Chlomid - 0 results.  I am worried because of my age, I don't know if I am too old to get pregnant.  I hope my IVF works out  
hi everyone,
i am new here, 38 years old and miscarried in april at 10 weeks. that was a huge wakeup call for me. i have made some pretty radical changes to my diet, lifestyle, exercise, and now working on attitude, since then. everything has been towards the goal of being healthier and more balanced-- creating a more fertility-friendly lifestyle and body. :)

i am looking for positive & optimistic support on this journey. my husband and i are trying to be pretty relaxed about this and take the approach of "if it happens, it happens". but of course i am still watching my cycles and aware of when i am ovulating, etc.

i am also working with a naturopath to get my hormones into balance. i would love to be in contact with anyone else who is over 35 and ttc, whether doing it naturally or via IVF or anything in between. i will be posting occasionally wherever i think i can be supportive. :)
mamom15:  Just have faith & think positive.  Sending you some positive ~vibes~ and praying for your BFP2  SSBD2u2

rubyinparadise:  This is a great place to be when in need of answers and support.  Positive ~vibes~ 2u2 and lots of BD

SSBD2YA
I love and addicted to this site! I have had so many helpful suggestions to my recurring m/c's and even though we lost the last one I find hope and insipration to keep trying. Even though we are not pg yet, I always check in to hear all the good news and try to give support to those who need it.  -Kim
Thank you for this forum Patty!  Great support and great women!
Can you possibly post what the BFP, DH (~ Damn Husband?), AF (I think Aunt Flo?), etc mean...or is there somewhere I can find it? I get lost in all the letters!
Lots of love and baby dust to all!
Hi I am Leigh, 39, this is my first pregnancy.  I have had some bumps already and scared to death.  I have never wanted anything more than to meet this little bean.

I am glad there is a group/forum for those of us over 35...thanks for creating it.

Leigh
HI, I am 28, have a 2 year old, was pregnant for about a month, lost the baby :( and well I just asked a question about that..

because I want to TCC again.
Hello, I am 37, my husband is 43. We have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years now. Got pregnant in January of this year, but it turned out a blighted ovum (or at least that's what doctors told me although the pathologist report said that it was a male fetus with no chromosomal abnormalities). If everything went well, I would have delivered my baby last weekend, but I guess it was not meant to be.

I have no problems (except for my age, I guess), but my husband has low sperm morphology. We are getting ready to try IUI the next cycle.

I am happy to join this community because like others mentioned, many people around you simply don't understand what you are going through - the emotional distress, disappointment and depression. My co-worker who is 40 just got pregnant a few months ago and she is trying to "rub" her pregnancy into my face and how everything is perfect with her and the baby (she has no pregnancy symptoms at all), so I need to talk to people who understand my pain and at least sympasize, not brag about how perfect they are. So thank you for this great forum.
Hi I am Donna, 38. This is my second pregnancy. I conceived with twins through IVF back in 2008 but ended up miscarrying them in my 19th and 20th week in July 2008. It took me over a year to build up the courage to try again and I finally went through an unsuccessful FET in August. I tried another FET in September and wouldn’t you know it worked!! I’m a little over 7wks right now. While I am ecstatic over the pregnancy, I’m suffering the worse kinds of paranoia. It most likely won’t go away until I pass my 20th week. In the mean time I am very happy to be a part of this forum and to meet ladies like myself who may be going through or have gone through some of the things I’ve went through.

Donna
Thanks for the warm welcome :) I should have come here sooner :)
Hi Everyone,

I'm 35 and just got the BFP last week...FINALLY.  I was married to a man for 10 1/2 years who decided that he didn't want children and thought a vasectomy behind my back was a good idea...YUP!  I kicked him to the curb!  I'm now with the man of my dreams (who has also been a friend of mine for 19 years, funny how that happens) who will be 40 on New Year's Eve 2009 and this is the first baby for both of us.  We are very excited and I feel honored to a part of the 35+ group :).  I look forward to getting to know all of you :)
New member: I am 40 years old, about to turn 41 next week.
We have been trying to conceive for 4 years now, I had 3 miscarriages.
Pregnant 14 weeks today!
I am 37 years old trying for my 3rd child.  My youngest is 16 years old. Yikes.  Spoke to my doctor and she mentioned due to my age, it may be difficult conceiving.  Does anyone know why or have any suggestions?

Thanks for your insight and good luck to All!
Hello ladies! I am 35 years old and just found out last week that I am pregnant. Our story is rather miraculous! We started about 2 1/2 years ago. My doctor at the time did nothing to help me ovulate b/c she said that I did not have PCOS. I have the pearl like cysts in my ovary, cystic acne, weight gain and irregular periods. She said the blood work came back and did not show that I had PCOS. So then we did testing on my husband. His SA came back with major issues. He had poor morphology. On a strict test he was at 2%. The doctor told us that my husband would need surgery and then there would no guarantees that it would increase. We didn't feel comfortable with this. So we actually pursued adoption. We ended up with two failed adoptions, the last one being October 2009. We were rather devastated. We decided to re-evaluate our fertility options. We went to see a RE. We love our RE! She said she could get us pregnant and here we are. Oh and she confirmed that I do have PCOS. She also said she could not believe that my dr did not refer us 2 years ago. Me either! We only did 2 IUI's and it worked! Still in shock!

SeanCbaby: I would ask your doctor to do blood work that tests your eggs. Not sure what the actual test is, but my RE did a whole battery of tests on me and said that she could tell that I had young eggs. Wish I could be more helpful!

Take care everyone!
Hi! I'm already part of the August 2010 group but I thought this group looked great too. I am 35 and pregnant with baby #4. Our other kids are 13, 11 and almost 8. I am 12 wks and 2 days. So far, this is the hardest pregnancy. My midwife insists it's not because of my age. LOL. Can't wait to get to know everyone.
Well new to this site, I have actually posted on the IVF January forum but I would like to join this group because of the age range.  I'm 35 and I did IVF in January, I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and because of my age they want me to do testing for Down Syndrome.  It kinda put a bummer on my pregnancy because it gives me something new to worry about and I'm carrying twins...
Hi there everyone!! i am so glad that I found this forum....I am recently turned 35 (but i keep telling my doctor that I "technically" got became pregnant when i was 34!! HAHAH anyways...I am on my fourth pregnancy, however I only have 1 amazing little 4 1/2 year old boy!! My DH and I did our 2nd round of IVF in Jan and I am happy to report that we are 8w4days Preggo with one very healthy baby (thus far!!) and we couldn't be happier! My doctor is trying to push all of the new tests on me as well b/c of age and I really don't see the big deal if I am not going to do anything about it, nor can the doctors do anything to correct it in utero!! isn't pregnancy scarey in itself let alone all of the tests?!?! well i look forward to sharing this with everyone...anyone due in October 2010? Have a blessed day!! and think SPRING!!! NEW LIFE!!!
Hello! I love this website and have made postings in different forums, IVF, October babies, and others.  I'm a 37 yr old mother of a 17yr boy and 15 yr old girl....and now 11 1/2 weeks pregnant.  Definitely different this time around.  It's been so many years since I was last pregnant but I'm excited about all the new gadgets that are available for parents and babies these days.  Like "vrgsmom" I've been asked to take the genetic tests but decided to forego them.  My husband and I feel the same that taking the tests will cause more worry waiting on the results then finding out and not being able to do anything about it.  We are excited about having a baby at all!  Our little one is due 9 OCT and can't wait to meet him/her.  Good luck to all!!! Take care of those bellies :)
Thanks!!!!
hi there!  i just joined this tonight.  i'm 37, i have 4 children, and am recovering from my 5th m/c.  i'm so grateful for my children (ages 4-12) sometimes i marvel that i even have kids, let alone 4.  dr says all the m/c's just bad luck...but 5?  i very much want another baby.  hopefully me and others here trying to have a baby will all be pregnant with healthy babies soon.  m/c is aweful, this one has been especially nasty, and i don't want to finish out my fertile years and family like this, if i can help it.  all of you over 35ers trying are in my prayers!
Hi, Ladies. I am 38 years old and have been diagnosed with unexplained fertility by my OB. I haven't been to a RE just yet because I know that there are alot of expereiences associated with going to the RE. I really hate that I have two types of insurances and none of them cover infertility. Well a little about me. I had a tubal reversal about 1 and half years ago because my husband whom I married does not have any children and we finally decided that we wanted to. I have had all sorts of tests to find out why I haven't conceived, along with my husband's semen analysis. Nothing appears to be wrong; therefore we have been sent home several times and expected to conceive on our own. I have had two IUI's afterwards along with two months of clomid and injections. We are still trying and currently I have lost 40 lbs. The concern that I have now is whether or not I am ovulating, although one of the last doctors I spoke with saw no concern in this area.
Hi everone i am a new member and looking forward to meeting new people in my position and getting some much needed advice too.
Hi all,

I am a newbie & wished that I have found this forum sooner!!
Thank you, I will come back soon.. :)

Happy mothers day to all moms :)
Hi everyone!

I am 31 and DH is 40, so I think this forum is the correct one for me! After TTC for over a year, I am currently pregnant with our first child, due October 9th 2010. I am sooo very excited and scared at the same time. I keep waiting for something to go wrong even though I really have no actual reason to worry. I am looking forward to getting to know you as we go through this together.

I am 37 and live in Australia. We have completed three rounds of IVF and have our first BFP from our most recent cycle. our little miracle is due February 5th... an early Valentine maybe?
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Well three days new. Just checking in to say glad to have found this site. I'm 41 and ttc my fourth baby. It will be my DH of ten years' first baby. I'm 11 dpo currently and everything is looking great on my part. Only thing missing is to take a test. I will be doing that tomorrow or Thursday. Hoping to be coming back to say I got a positive. Congrats to all that is pregnant and best wishes to those trying like me.

Phoebe
Hi everyone. I am cautiously joining this community after TTC for 2.5 years, surviving one disastrous IUI last year that resulted in an ectopic pregnancy being diagnosed, and just completing my one and only IVF cycle with hpt BFPs starting Sunday, confirmed by first beta hcg on Wed (268) and second one today (661). I'm so nervous about everything that could still potentially go wrong, but I'm trying my best to stay positive...
Hi! I'm new to forum. Been reading some of the posts but was waiting to officially be pregnant and over 35. Accomplished the over 35 part a few years ago. HA! But got our BFP today. Beta was 600. Return on Monday for next test.  Pregnancy is a result first attempt at IVF after 4 failed IUIs. Retrieved 10 eggs. Fertilized 8. Implanted 2 and froze 5. So very new to all of this but have found many of the posts to be incredibly helpful. So many success stories!
Thankyou so much.  I joined a couple of days ago right after finding out that i am pregnant(i'm 39). And in the state of shock and confusion I was in, I found this sight and have embraced all the wonderful advice i have received and have been inspired by the stories that have been shared with me.  Thankyou again for you and everyones kindnesss and support. And hope will join me in this wonderful 'unexpected' adventure i'm about to experience over the next 8 months.  This sight and this forum has truly given me support, enlightment, faith and inspiration.  :)
I am new to this and would like to congratulate all!!  New life starts with us!! LOL YOU ALL ROCK!! I I'm 38 and have had 3 children the third C-section and got a Tubal Ligation at the time of surgery.  That was 11 years ago and now i have had 4 + HPT and symptoms its crazy. Am still wondering how this can happen.  But from what i have read all things are possible with GOD.  I have a Dr. apt tomorrow to see what my hcl #'s r.  I cant help thinking that this is just a malfunction of my hormones and i shouldn't get excited. But i'm also scared it could be a ectopic. I will keep all updated on the outcome! Prayers always welcome.
Thanks all and have a great night!
Hi , I am new.... 42y/o, married,  ttc for 2 years , 2 negative IVFs...and I find out today I am 4 weeks pregnant!.....
Everyone on these posts seem to be happy/nervous/worried/excited about their pregnancy.
I am not. I have never been more miserable in my whole life. I mean that.

I am 40. I got pregnant with the copper iud failed. It was in place for one year. Imagine my shock when I discovered it has failed. I since have discovered that the pregnancy is identical twins.
The coil is still in place.
Two consultants tried to remove it to no avail, and there it must stay. I am 10 weeks pregnant. I am told the pregnancy is high risk, 50/50 chance of septic miscarriage, There is the worry of possible twin to twin transfusion syndrome at 18 weeks. Daily risk of losing them anyway. Would be a section delivery at 24 weeks. They have to be taken away as early as possible, with the coil still there. I can't describe that this feels like. Can't stop crying, can't even look at my husband without snapping at him, I just sit staring into space.
I don't want this. I feel I have a bomb strapped to me. I am married, one 10 year old. This is NOT what I wanted for second part of my life. I want it all to go away.

I have spent today on line booking flights for a termination this Saturday. Can anyone tell me what they would do in my shoes. I wish someone would just honestly say what they'd do, the doctors either cannot or won't or shouldn't. Please someone answer soon. I don't mind what responses I get, I just want to hear honest opinions from other older mums x
I miscarried and am wondering how to take my due date off the tracker????
I'm new to this site, 42 and TTC for 1 1/2 years.  I met my husband late in life and didnt think it was so difficult to get pregnant!  When I was younger I was flippin' at wanting to have a baby when I was in a long term relationship and now that I am past 40, found the man of my dreams,and am finding it hard to even get pregnant!  I was trying chinese herbs and accupuncture before we decided to try IVF before it is too late.  Even got my fibroids removed.  

I am trying IVF for the first time, and am now 9 days post 3day embryo transfered and started bleeding.. am feeling a little despondent thinking we may never have kids of our own.  My husband and I are both healthy and his sperm is good quality.  I am worried that my eggs are too old!  My blood test is not until the 3Nov which is a week from now.   I am not feeling confident right now. I was naughty and took a pregnancy test today.. of course it was negative but that may be too early.  

I have been reading some of the others' comments and they give me strength that I am not alone.  Also good to hear successful pregnancy stories!  For those in my case, we have to be strong and I want to persist, even though at moments like these I feel that it is all too hard and time is against me.
Hi! I just joined this community. It's great to find others experiencing pregnancy at 35+! I'm 38, will be 39 when our baby is born. We're finishing up our 12th week and cautiously starting to tell people our big news.

We live in northern California. My husband just got a job after almost a year of unemployment. I'm diabetic (type 2), hypothyroid and have only one functioning ovary -- the other one was surgically removed in childhood. My husband was diagnosed with abnormal motility and zero morphology. We were told the only way we'd ever conceive would be either by using donor sperm or maybe IVF and something called icsi. I was devastated. We just didn't have the money for fertility treatments.

Exactly two weeks later I got pregnant! I sometimes can't believe we're here, but we just saw our little guy/gal on our 12 week ultrasound this week and everything's going well! Our due date is May 15th.

I recently joined this community. I miscarried in March 2010 and I amnot 9 almost 10 weeks. I am 40. I was looking for a place where I could find other women going through the same.
HI EVERYONE! IM SO BLESSED TO BE PREGNANT AGAIN!! I'M 35,I HAVE TO SONS 10 & 15 YRS, I GOT REMARRIED AND MY DH HAS NO KIDS OF HIS OWN, SO HERE I AM STARTING OVER, AND I LOVE IT!! I HVE BEEN TTC SINCE 07, HAD A M/C IN FEB OF THIS YEAR. I HAD A MYOMECTOMY IN MARCH TO REMOVE A FIBROID. I'M SO EXCITED AND MY DH IS SO HAPPY!! I JUST DID'T BELIEVE THAT I WOULD GET PREGNANT SO SOON!! WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY PREGNANCY
Hello everyone
I'm 36 and pregnant with my second baby. I'm about 10 weeks and my due date is July 26, 2011.
Hello Everyone! I am new to this but I am hoping to make a few friends with some of you who are in the same boat as me hopefully! I am 35, newly pregnant with two boys at home. Good Luck everyone, and thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this group. Sunshine Lindsay, Ontario.
Hello-

I'm 37 (will be 38 soon) and 13.5w pregnant with twins (due 7/27/2011). Me and my DH have a beautiful happy DS who just turned 1last week. We are very excited and happy, but still a little nervous.

-Shannon
thanks its good to be here
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here too and very glad to be here.  I look forward to connecting with other moms.  Geez what reality I am over 35, when I had to pick this category, lol
Hi all.  Will be 40 in June.  I have 3 dd's aged 14, 13 13.  So 4th for me, 1st for dh.  Am due Dec 17th.  Already had my first prenatal visit.  Took us 4 yrs of ttc and 1 fresh ivf and 1 fet.  Here we are.  can'[t believe it really.  Am so excited. Sue
Well, I'm due to turn 41 in one week, and have JUST found out I am 4 1/2 weeks pregnant!!

I had a very good feeling I was, I had these symptoms - late period, sore breasts, cramping, light spotting, feeling dizzy & faint, headaches, lower back pain, indigestion (which I never get!!), and today for the first time, nausea!

I had a miscarriage 9 years ago, and it was so traumatic, it put me off the idea, then my poor Dad became ill with Leaukemia, and I lost him 19 months later.  Then, I had a total breakdown, and ended up nearly dying last July from acute alcoholic hepatits.  I've not touched a drop since, and never will again - It was a very stupid thing to do, turning to alcohol to numb my pain, it nearly cost me my life.

But now I have TWO lives to think about, and I am overjoyed!  My due date is 8th May 2012 - Can hardly believe it!  
I thought we may have trouble conceiving because of my age, but we fell lucky at our first attempt - We are so blessed!

I'm so pleased I found this page, as being over 35 and being pregnant is a little daunting too, for me any way!!

Natalie xxx
My name's Steph, I'm 40, & just found out that I'm pregnant. This will be my second child, my daughter is 18. I'm excited...but scared beyond belief! I don't personally know anyone over 40 who's had a baby. What's it like at this age? Any advice? Thanks!!!!
Iam 47.  Iam running out of time.  I have 3 fibroid s with no pain just pressure.
I yhought I was 10 weeks pregnant do to having vomiting and nausea.   My blood and urine test is negative. My breast r tender.I want a baby so bad.  Have anyone been pregnant and kept getting negative test.