Welcome New Members!!!
Hello and Welcome to the Pregnancy 35+ Community!! This is a forum for all who are looking for answers, have suggestions, or who would just like to make friends of women who are pregnant and around 35. We here have grown into a great group of people who really are there for you when you need it! You can ask questions and those that have some familiarity with what you are going through will be sure to jump in the thread with their comments!

As a Community Leader of this forum I would appreciate it if you would please show respect to those that post comments and leave the arguing and negative comments out! The community is surely going to continue to grow stronger if we all remain respectful!

Also - I would like to add, we have a Medhelp Babies List (Baby Bundles - Pink/Blue/Surprise Teams) for those who would like to be on it showing when your baby is due and the sex and name if you have picked them out! If you would like to be added to this Please feel free to send Adgal a message with your due date, singleton or twins, sex and name of your baby(s)!! The list is growing more and more every day!!

Lastly, I would like to point you to the "Pregnancy Tracker" that you can add to your profile. Just click on ‘My MedHelp’ at the top of page. Then click Trackers and follow the steps to add your tracker.  You can easily watch your Pregnancy progress!  Also, we have a "Baby Ticker" which can be used in your posts and journal entries.

Thanks so much and again.. Welcome to the Pregnancy 35+ forum!!

CL Pregnancy 35+
Community Leader
Adgal
Patty
You ROCK!!!!
I concur, Patty!!  You're such a sweetie and I'm glad you are our CL.
Couldn't have picked a better CL - just not sure how in the world you have time to do it all - must be that good Ohio air - lol

We old timers  salute you!!!  (blowing raspberry!)
Yes Patty,  I've been on this board since my miscarriage at 5 months in January of 2007.  So much time has passed,  I have my little Neena now and you've been a constant on this board all that time.  All throughout my pregnancy,  this board has been a very supportive and oftentimes reassuring place to come to.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  
Patty,
I know I am way behind the times, but I never updated the birth of my baby.  Nathan was born on 5/24.  He was 7lbs10oz and 20 inches long.  He was born at 41 weeks and it was an absolute horrible delivery.  We almost lost him and he was in the NICU for 8 days.  Needless to say-if your doctor breaks your water and there is meconium-don't let the doctor let you labor for 8 more hours and not do a C Section.  He ended up aspirating meconium, his cord was wrapped around his neck, he was without oxygen for at least 5 minutes, he had 4 inches of fluid on his head and he got caught in the birth canal.  All of this could have been avoided if we would have insisted on a C Section when he broke my water.  He is our first and we had no idea.  Luckily he is doing well now, and should not have any long term delays due to his rough start.  I wanted to let you know so you could update the list.
Thank you, Suzanne
Thank You. I'm a new member and I hope to make some new friends and I can support.

Thank You Again.
Hurray! A place to talk to others and get answers. My husband and I are not announcing to the family (ok, I have not sisters so I told my cousin who is like a sister) until we are at least at 12 weeks. 5 1/2 weeks now or 25 days from conception. Long way to go. Good luck and God Bless all!!!

D
Hi there!

My Baby Boy is due Sept. 20th, 2008. His name will be Jesse Steven Scott.
I am new to the site, and after reading several postings, I want to thank you. I can tell I will be able to get the support I am looking for with the great forum. I just posted a question, and hope to hear some feedback. I am anxious & 38 :-) Good luck & best wishes to all !
I'm new to this site. I have already found such great support. I am 34 and my husband and I are planning to get pregnant in August. I'm so excited. I cant wait. We already have 2 girls 18, and 10. yes my kids are far in age. I was a teen parent so thats why I didnt have another one till I was really ready. I will be 35 when I have this baby.  So there's new things I have to worry about. So I hope I can turn to this site for answers, and support. Thanks for being here.
Hi Patty

Just joined the site and its been a good journey so far.
I am somehow unable to get expert advice. Being in India and my timings at different zone, is there any way i cd get across to post my query to the expert. everytime i try to do so, its already past the required quota. Thanks dear.
Nonetheless, its a great site and great people and it rocks!!
Hey!  I couldn't find the medhelp babies list to give you an update...but I had my daughter on July 24th...Avery Faith.  She's adorable!  Just wanted to give you an update...take care!
I just joined.  My husband and I married last year.  We have a very blended family.  My reason for joining this site is our desire to have a child together.  I am 39 and he will be 43 in about a week.  My youngest son, 4, has Autism (his father is not my husband).  My husband's son, 16, has Aspergers.  We really are trying for a girl as Autism is less common and using the Shettles Method.  I just had my Mirena removed on Monday (after ~3.5 years).  I become pregnant very easily and prior to the Mirena, have gotten pregnant while using other forms of birth control.  However, every other pregnancy results in a miscarriage for me.  

Since my last pregnancy was a miscarriage, I am hopeful about this try.  However, we are concerned about fertility after the Mirena, Autism, our age, miscarriage and about a million other things!!

I am hoping that I will see a pattern to my cycle within the next 30 days so that we know where we stand.  I am charting my temps daily.

Thanks for letting me get it all out.  I hope to join the 'pregnant' bunch soon!
This is a first for me. First blog entry. First pregnancy. 5 weeks at the age of 39 and sitting nervously by until I visit my doctor again for a weekly blood draw to check hormone levels. My first ultrasound is scheduled for Sept. 15. My husband and I are excited but don't want to overwhelm our families with our concerns. I look forward to contributing to the blogs and getting some solid advice.

Hi there - I'm new and want to thank you firstly for such a lovely welcoming intro, Patty!

I have been on this site for months now but up until recently on the Infertility forum all the time as it's taken us 2 years to get pg again (back to back artificial insemination, hormone stimulation - you name it, we did it!)...only to finally get PG naturally on holiday this summer - you cannot BELIEVE how shocked we were, and are still so overwhelmed with our news!

So, I'm starting my 9th week today. I've had 3 u/s already and seen the heartbeat...back for anther in 3 days' time. I just can't WAIT until the 12 weeks are over - after all we've been through, I'm so so scared and paranoid (I wasn't like this AT ALL with my daughter - now 4 years old - just automatically presumed everything would be fine -- no worries at all abou a dreadful m/s..).
Anyway, I'm really glad to have found this particular blog and hope to keep up with you all!
BTW, I'm 36 (DH is 38), English and live in Italy (DH is Italian)..
I just got my bfp after 4 months of ttc...after removal of Merina IUD.  so that would make me 3 weeks 4 days pregnant...whoo hoo
Thank you so much for being here :)
Hey I'm new here. I'm 35 years of age I have 3 sons already and their ages are 15 as of monday, 12 and 10 years old. Here is my story my husband had a vasetomy and didn't want any more kids. I have wanted another for years. I stopped asking and started praying that if it be Gods will that he softens my husbands heart and that he would want another. Well guess what my prayer was answered and in June he had a reversal. No pregnancy yet sadly and found out my husbands sperm count is very low. They have put him on some vitamins and hoping that they will work. My periods were like clock work then about 5 months ago I had one at 40 weeks, then one at 45 which was depressing cause I thought I was pregnant and on my 35th birthday I started bleeding. ;o( then my last one was at 44 it stopped on  10/6/08. The day after my period ended my husband and I did the baby lovemaking thing the day after and a couple days later. Starting a couple days later and now my breast are feeling weird and they only feel this way before my period begins. So I don't know if I'm ovulating, pregnant, or something other weird thing. I have heard that some can have cramps so bad during thier period that they ovulate. So we will see come a week or so. Pray for me because I don't know how fast the Vitimans for my husband are supposed to work or if they are working at all. And I want so bad to have another baby. Thank you for listening and Please do a lot of praying for me. Thank you.
Hi I read your post and thought that I was almost reading about myself.  I too have 3 boys 17,14,11 and always wanted more but my husband at the time didn't so I had my tubes tied.  I have sinced divorced and reunited with my highschool sweetheart after 16yrs and he had no children so I had a tubal reversal done mar14/08 and went for my postop appt. apr 30 and was told happy trying if nothing happens in 6mth come back and possible invitro but May 13,08 was my last cycle I am now 24 weeks pregnant.  I must tell you it is so special this time having the boys so involved and excited about the baby I wouldn't change it for a minute it was so ment to be as it happened so fast for us and it sounds like it is ment to be for you too!!  I wish you all the best of luck.  Keep us posted
hi i have just joined. i am 41 years and trying donor iui, i am on my third treatment. i had AMH done and it is 10.6 low but the high end. however i am so sick of the negative comments, mostly from female nurses. oh your age may be a factor, not that i only get one shot at iui, in a relationship more sperm etc. is there anyone out there my age or near where there is success. i am finding the whole fertility treatment so stressful and thinking it is never going to happen.

cheers  
Hello everyone! I'm a little late on this welcome post, but I just joined today. I am 40 years old and have two children - 18 y.o. girl and 8 y.o. boy. I had always wanted more, but kind of gave up on meeting Mr. Right. I had raised both kids alone up until a year ago when I finally met him! Well, he's 34, has one child who lives with her mother in another state. We tossed around the idea of having a baby together - we both want one, but my age has been an issue for me. Finally, I decided, what the heck, let's try now since I'm not getting any younger. This was my second month of trying, and I just started my period last night (four days early). I was so disappointed. But, reading some of your stories on here, I am encouraged not to give up. Hopefully it will happen for me - my goal is to be pregnant by my 41st birthday in July! I'm happy to join this group...you seem like a very cool group of women!

I joind this community recently, but today iam saying bye, i had a miscarriage last week.  Is there a communicty for 35+ who have had miscarriage and are actively trying?  i want to start trying ASAP.
There are many of us right here that have miscarried (in my case 4 times) and still belong. This forum has women who are trying and having miscarriage or fertility issues, are pregnant, etc.  I found a lot of support here during my miscarriages, and am not pregnant right now, but am trying.  There is also the miscarriage forum, which can be very helpful.  I wish you well, and hope you hang around.  You may find it helpful, as well as supportive.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Amanda
hello, i am brand new to this forum and i am so happy to be here.. i hope to learn and to help!  
i am 37 and my dh is 36. we have been ttc for about 9-10 months.  i just did a rnd of clomid (100mg) and had an iui on 1-5.  i have not had any symptoms other than minor cramps for about a day/two.  now i have hot flashes... has anyone had an iui and experienced hot flashes afterwards? i am due back at dr's on 1-9 for progest level.  
in addition, i have had all ncsy tests and all is good.  my levels were below 10; my dh was perfectly normal as well.  i guess it is just a matter of time.. but i cannot help to think my age (37) is having to do with the delay.  it is a bit discouraging and i am trying to remain positive -- but it is so so hard!  

best wishes to all,
chottabacha
Hi im new i am probably the youngest im 20 i know the forum is for 35 and up put i hope i can bring some contribution to the group. I am here for support. And hoping i can make some friends to get me trough these tuff times and also to celebrate when the good times come.
hi im new as well, I am 39, I had a tubal reversal a year ago and had an ectopic in april. Since then I have been trying to conceive and it has been so trying. I am at my wits end and was so glad to find this site. I am late, three days and am hoping for the best but have taken two test now, and both have turned up negative. I feel pregnant, tired, crampy, back ache, but not sure.
T42
I already posted a question but wanted to introduce myself to. Im a newby but Ive been lurking on the boards for a few weeks now.  Me and my dh are trying to have a baby together but so far no luck.  It has been along time since I was pregnant with my daughter and Im worried I might be getting too old (Im 37). My dh is only 30 and has no kids so we really want a baby bad. Any advise or help would be great. I know from reading peoples messages that this is a really great group.  Thank you!
Good morning!
I am new as of today. I am 46 years old and Hubby is 56. I have had 7 children the youngest just turned 3 in January.I am trying for another. My last period was Dec. 27. It was due on Jan. 22. It still has not arrived. I feel pregnant but the hpt all say negative. I'm really hoping! My dr. gave me a script for prometrium for as soon as I become pregnant. I just had a miscarriage and D and C last April.
Any advice? Thanks.
Greetings!  
This is the first time I've visited the forum, so I'm introducing myself. (As netiquette requires.)

I just peed on the stick an hour ago, now I can't stop shaking!  I'm 42 years old!  How can this be possible?  (Yes, of course I know how it happened, and no, we were NOT trying!)

I can't get my husband on the phone, and I just HAD to tell someone!  Of course I didn't want to call my mom or my sister this soon...

Thanks for letting me vent- my name is Jennifer and I'll be around...
Hi, I'm 38 years of age and 5 wks 2 days pregnant.  

This is my first pregnancy and I became pregnant the first time we actively tried to concieve.  I'm really scared about miscarriage as its still very early days.  Can anyone tell me when I should go to the doctors for blood tests and for them to confirm the pregnancy.  I have all the typical symptoms tender breasts which seem to gone up a size, very tired - probably due to all hormones whizzing around.  

I'm not telling anyone about the pregnancy until we have a scan, but have already nicknamed our little one "peanut", as we felt we had to name it rather than calling it "IT".  Also didnt want to call it "baby" as its still in the embryonic stage.

Hope you can give me some advice :-)
Hi there and welcome!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  It is best to see your Dr. sooner rather than later.  I would make an appointment right away.  Try not to worry. It is true the rate of miscarriage is slightly higher in us over 35ers, but its not a significant increase and chances are good that all will be just fine.  Your Dr. can run 2 blood tests, 48 to 72 hours apart to measure your HCG levels (the pregnancy hormone).  In a healthy, viable pregnancy that number should approximately double every 48 to 72 hours, and that is reassurance that all is well.  

We are here to support you as best we can, and it's so normal to worry during pregnancy, especially the first time.

You might find you get more responses to your questions by starting your own thread instead of tagging on to the bottom of another one. Let myself or PamelaBee know if you need help with that.

Welcome, and I wish you a healthy, happy pregnancy.

Amanda
Hi All,

New member here.  I'm 40 on 2ww right now.  Been TTC for almost a year now.  4 IUI this month is a natural cycle.  Been on Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estrogen and have all the lovely mood swings that don't swing, but stay all month long.  Tired, stressed, frustrated, angry etc.  It's great to find others out there like myself.  Wish there were actual support groups to go to, but I have not found any.  I really am more thankful for finding people like me than anything.  Knowing I am not the only one going through this is very comforting.  What a long haul...
hello to everyone, I am 39 years old husband is 50. After 5 years ttc, tired of shots and IVF and IUI had a frozen embryo transfer on October and a BFP for the very first time in my life. I am due in July 12, curretnly about 22 1/2 weeks along. Thanks for being here and good luck to everyone.
Im 37yrsold and Hubby is 31. We have been together 14yrs and I have been waiting/wanting to be a Mum forever. We were booked to start IVF on the 5th March but a bloodtest a few days before confirmed I was already pregnant! It's kinda surreal because I've spent years yearning to be pregnant and now its happening. Am looking forward to my first scan etc and my doc estimates my due date as 9th Oct.
Hello,  I have already been posting on various threads for the last week since my ET on March 13th.  I am currently in my tww and get my beta done on THIS Friday.  I have only been here for a week but already I feel such a kinship with these ladies.  I commented to my husband the other day that this is better than therapy because you can release your fears, concerns and joys in a totally welcoming non-threatening environment.  Thanks to everyone who has made me feel welcome.  Only 5 more days to go.
Hello. I am new to this site,but have already found alot of useful information. This is my first pregnancy I am 27 wks pregnant  with a baby girl!! I am 34 but will be 35 on may 7th...
i am 34.6 and husband is 37.4 have been with husband 15 years adopted 4 children have been trying to concieve naturaaly for 8 years i have an elevated fsh 13.9 endometriosis and ovarian cyst and hyperplasia and abnormally shaped top of my uterus i have been working with fertility specialist for a few months 50mg of clomid o results 100mg of clomid and one 20mm follicle 7 days post iui today april13 2009 trying to et through the dreaded 2ww..  only symptom is cramping esp on right side
So happy that i found this group!  I'm 38 (will be 39 in a few hours!), about 7 weeks preggers w/ 1st after having a missed m/c at the beginning of feb... feel optimistic, but secretly SO anxious about my age... the m/c we just went thru... etc...  aughhh - just had to release that from my brain
Thanks for this forum!  xx j
I am 35, husband 44, ttc #1. Off birth control end of Feb, then 4 weeks limbo, not sure there was ovulation, then 2 normal regular cycles, although the second turned into a 4-day late start of period (neg test at 18 dpo). I didn't realize how much I had my hopes up until it turned out that it was not our month. You spend so much time so concerned about preventing, only to discover that it's not exactly like falling off a log when you no longer want to prevent. Reading this forum is evidence that a) it's normal not to succeed right away and b) eventual success is fairly likely. Also, having been on the pill for quite a while, it's a challenge for me to actually have the natural hormonal changes...since everything is different. At first I wanted to call them all pregnancy symptoms, but now I've learned that they are just cycle symptoms. Anyway, doing my best to be patient and hopeful. --M
Hello

I am so happy to find this forum.  I am 39 and DH is 38, ttc for #1.  I just started with Lupron for IVF.  We tried 1 round of IUI and and 1 round of 100 mg Chlomid - 0 results.  I am worried because of my age, I don't know if I am too old to get pregnant.  I hope my IVF works out  
hi everyone,
i am new here, 38 years old and miscarried in april at 10 weeks. that was a huge wakeup call for me. i have made some pretty radical changes to my diet, lifestyle, exercise, and now working on attitude, since then. everything has been towards the goal of being healthier and more balanced-- creating a more fertility-friendly lifestyle and body. :)

i am looking for positive & optimistic support on this journey. my husband and i are trying to be pretty relaxed about this and take the approach of "if it happens, it happens". but of course i am still watching my cycles and aware of when i am ovulating, etc.

i am also working with a naturopath to get my hormones into balance. i would love to be in contact with anyone else who is over 35 and ttc, whether doing it naturally or via IVF or anything in between. i will be posting occasionally wherever i think i can be supportive. :)
mamom15:  Just have faith & think positive.  Sending you some positive ~vibes~ and praying for your BFP2  SSBD2u2

rubyinparadise:  This is a great place to be when in need of answers and support.  Positive ~vibes~ 2u2 and lots of BD

SSBD2YA
I love and addicted to this site! I have had so many helpful suggestions to my recurring m/c's and even though we lost the last one I find hope and insipration to keep trying. Even though we are not pg yet, I always check in to hear all the good news and try to give support to those who need it.  -Kim
Thank you for this forum Patty!  Great support and great women!
Can you possibly post what the BFP, DH (~ Damn Husband?), AF (I think Aunt Flo?), etc mean...or is there somewhere I can find it? I get lost in all the letters!
Lots of love and baby dust to all!
Hi I am Leigh, 39, this is my first pregnancy.  I have had some bumps already and scared to death.  I have never wanted anything more than to meet this little bean.

I am glad there is a group/forum for those of us over 35...thanks for creating it.

Leigh
HI, I am 28, have a 2 year old, was pregnant for about a month, lost the baby :( and well I just asked a question about that..

because I want to TCC again.
EGP
Hello, I am 37, my husband is 43. We have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years now. Got pregnant in January of this year, but it turned out a blighted ovum (or at least that's what doctors told me although the pathologist report said that it was a male fetus with no chromosomal abnormalities). If everything went well, I would have delivered my baby last weekend, but I guess it was not meant to be.

I have no problems (except for my age, I guess), but my husband has low sperm morphology. We are getting ready to try IUI the next cycle.

I am happy to join this community because like others mentioned, many people around you simply don't understand what you are going through - the emotional distress, disappointment and depression. My co-worker who is 40 just got pregnant a few months ago and she is trying to "rub" her pregnancy into my face and how everything is perfect with her and the baby (she has no pregnancy symptoms at all), so I need to talk to people who understand my pain and at least sympasize, not brag about how perfect they are. So thank you for this great forum.
Hi I am Donna, 38. This is my second pregnancy. I conceived with twins through IVF back in 2008 but ended up miscarrying them in my 19th and 20th week in July 2008. It took me over a year to build up the courage to try again and I finally went through an unsuccessful FET in August. I tried another FET in September and wouldn’t you know it worked!! I’m a little over 7wks right now. While I am ecstatic over the pregnancy, I’m suffering the worse kinds of paranoia. It most likely won’t go away until I pass my 20th week. In the mean time I am very happy to be a part of this forum and to meet ladies like myself who may be going through or have gone through some of the things I’ve went through.

Donna
Thanks for the warm welcome :) I should have come here sooner :)
Hi Everyone,

I'm 35 and just got the BFP last week...FINALLY.  I was married to a man for 10 1/2 years who decided that he didn't want children and thought a vasectomy behind my back was a good idea...YUP!  I kicked him to the curb!  I'm now with the man of my dreams (who has also been a friend of mine for 19 years, funny how that happens) who will be 40 on New Year's Eve 2009 and this is the first baby for both of us.  We are very excited and I feel honored to a part of the 35+ group :).  I look forward to getting to know all of you :)
New member: I am 40 years old, about to turn 41 next week.
We have been trying to conceive for 4 years now, I had 3 miscarriages.
Pregnant 14 weeks today!
I am 37 years old trying for my 3rd child.  My youngest is 16 years old. Yikes.  Spoke to my doctor and she mentioned due to my age, it may be difficult conceiving.  Does anyone know why or have any suggestions?

Thanks for your insight and good luck to All!
Hello ladies! I am 35 years old and just found out last week that I am pregnant. Our story is rather miraculous! We started about 2 1/2 years ago. My doctor at the time did nothing to help me ovulate b/c she said that I did not have PCOS. I have the pearl like cysts in my ovary, cystic acne, weight gain and irregular periods. She said the blood work came back and did not show that I had PCOS. So then we did testing on my husband. His SA came back with major issues. He had poor morphology. On a strict test he was at 2%. The doctor told us that my husband would need surgery and then there would no guarantees that it would increase. We didn't feel comfortable with this. So we actually pursued adoption. We ended up with two failed adoptions, the last one being October 2009. We were rather devastated. We decided to re-evaluate our fertility options. We went to see a RE. We love our RE! She said she could get us pregnant and here we are. Oh and she confirmed that I do have PCOS. She also said she could not believe that my dr did not refer us 2 years ago. Me either! We only did 2 IUI's and it worked! Still in shock!

SeanCbaby: I would ask your doctor to do blood work that tests your eggs. Not sure what the actual test is, but my RE did a whole battery of tests on me and said that she could tell that I had young eggs. Wish I could be more helpful!

Take care everyone!
Hi! I'm already part of the August 2010 group but I thought this group looked great too. I am 35 and pregnant with baby #4. Our other kids are 13, 11 and almost 8. I am 12 wks and 2 days. So far, this is the hardest pregnancy. My midwife insists it's not because of my age. LOL. Can't wait to get to know everyone.
Well new to this site, I have actually posted on the IVF January forum but I would like to join this group because of the age range.  I'm 35 and I did IVF in January, I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and because of my age they want me to do testing for Down Syndrome.  It kinda put a bummer on my pregnancy because it gives me something new to worry about and I'm carrying twins...
Hi there everyone!! i am so glad that I found this forum....I am recently turned 35 (but i keep telling my doctor that I "technically" got became pregnant when i was 34!! HAHAH anyways...I am on my fourth pregnancy, however I only have 1 amazing little 4 1/2 year old boy!! My DH and I did our 2nd round of IVF in Jan and I am happy to report that we are 8w4days Preggo with one very healthy baby (thus far!!) and we couldn't be happier! My doctor is trying to push all of the new tests on me as well b/c of age and I really don't see the big deal if I am not going to do anything about it, nor can the doctors do anything to correct it in utero!! isn't pregnancy scarey in itself let alone all of the tests?!?! well i look forward to sharing this with everyone...anyone due in October 2010? Have a blessed day!! and think SPRING!!! NEW LIFE!!!
Hello! I love this website and have made postings in different forums, IVF, October babies, and others.  I'm a 37 yr old mother of a 17yr boy and 15 yr old girl....and now 11 1/2 weeks pregnant.  Definitely different this time around.  It's been so many years since I was last pregnant but I'm excited about all the new gadgets that are available for parents and babies these days.  Like "vrgsmom" I've been asked to take the genetic tests but decided to forego them.  My husband and I feel the same that taking the tests will cause more worry waiting on the results then finding out and not being able to do anything about it.  We are excited about having a baby at all!  Our little one is due 9 OCT and can't wait to meet him/her.  Good luck to all!!! Take care of those bellies :)
Thanks!!!!
hi there!  i just joined this tonight.  i'm 37, i have 4 children, and am recovering from my 5th m/c.  i'm so grateful for my children (ages 4-12) sometimes i marvel that i even have kids, let alone 4.  dr says all the m/c's just bad luck...but 5?  i very much want another baby.  hopefully me and others here trying to have a baby will all be pregnant with healthy babies soon.  m/c is aweful, this one has been especially nasty, and i don't want to finish out my fertile years and family like this, if i can help it.  all of you over 35ers trying are in my prayers!
Hi, Ladies. I am 38 years old and have been diagnosed with unexplained fertility by my OB. I haven't been to a RE just yet because I know that there are alot of expereiences associated with going to the RE. I really hate that I have two types of insurances and none of them cover infertility. Well a little about me. I had a tubal reversal about 1 and half years ago because my husband whom I married does not have any children and we finally decided that we wanted to. I have had all sorts of tests to find out why I haven't conceived, along with my husband's semen analysis. Nothing appears to be wrong; therefore we have been sent home several times and expected to conceive on our own. I have had two IUI's afterwards along with two months of clomid and injections. We are still trying and currently I have lost 40 lbs. The concern that I have now is whether or not I am ovulating, although one of the last doctors I spoke with saw no concern in this area.
Hi everone i am a new member and looking forward to meeting new people in my position and getting some much needed advice too.
Hi all,

I am a newbie & wished that I have found this forum sooner!!
Thank you, I will come back soon.. :)

Happy mothers day to all moms :)
Hi everyone!

I am 31 and DH is 40, so I think this forum is the correct one for me! After TTC for over a year, I am currently pregnant with our first child, due October 9th 2010. I am sooo very excited and scared at the same time. I keep waiting for something to go wrong even though I really have no actual reason to worry. I am looking forward to getting to know you as we go through this together.

I am 37 and live in Australia. We have completed three rounds of IVF and have our first BFP from our most recent cycle. our little miracle is due February 5th... an early Valentine maybe?
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Well three days new. Just checking in to say glad to have found this site. I'm 41 and ttc my fourth baby. It will be my DH of ten years' first baby. I'm 11 dpo currently and everything is looking great on my part. Only thing missing is to take a test. I will be doing that tomorrow or Thursday. Hoping to be coming back to say I got a positive. Congrats to all that is pregnant and best wishes to those trying like me.

Phoebe
Hi everyone. I am cautiously joining this community after TTC for 2.5 years, surviving one disastrous IUI last year that resulted in an ectopic pregnancy being diagnosed, and just completing my one and only IVF cycle with hpt BFPs starting Sunday, confirmed by first beta hcg on Wed (268) and second one today (661). I'm so nervous about everything that could still potentially go wrong, but I'm trying my best to stay positive...
Hi! I'm new to forum. Been reading some of the posts but was waiting to officially be pregnant and over 35. Accomplished the over 35 part a few years ago. HA! But got our BFP today. Beta was 600. Return on Monday for next test.  Pregnancy is a result first attempt at IVF after 4 failed IUIs. Retrieved 10 eggs. Fertilized 8. Implanted 2 and froze 5. So very new to all of this but have found many of the posts to be incredibly helpful. So many success stories!
Thankyou so much.  I joined a couple of days ago right after finding out that i am pregnant(i'm 39). And in the state of shock and confusion I was in, I found this sight and have embraced all the wonderful advice i have received and have been inspired by the stories that have been shared with me.  Thankyou again for you and everyones kindnesss and support. And hope will join me in this wonderful 'unexpected' adventure i'm about to experience over the next 8 months.  This sight and this forum has truly given me support, enlightment, faith and inspiration.  :)
I am new to this and would like to congratulate all!!  New life starts with us!! LOL YOU ALL ROCK!! I I'm 38 and have had 3 children the third C-section and got a Tubal Ligation at the time of surgery.  That was 11 years ago and now i have had 4 + HPT and symptoms its crazy. Am still wondering how this can happen.  But from what i have read all things are possible with GOD.  I have a Dr. apt tomorrow to see what my hcl #'s r.  I cant help thinking that this is just a malfunction of my hormones and i shouldn't get excited. But i'm also scared it could be a ectopic. I will keep all updated on the outcome! Prayers always welcome.
Thanks all and have a great night!
Hi , I am new.... 42y/o, married,  ttc for 2 years , 2 negative IVFs...and I find out today I am 4 weeks pregnant!.....
Everyone on these posts seem to be happy/nervous/worried/excited about their pregnancy.
I am not. I have never been more miserable in my whole life. I mean that.

I am 40. I got pregnant with the copper iud failed. It was in place for one year. Imagine my shock when I discovered it has failed. I since have discovered that the pregnancy is identical twins.
The coil is still in place.
Two consultants tried to remove it to no avail, and there it must stay. I am 10 weeks pregnant. I am told the pregnancy is high risk, 50/50 chance of septic miscarriage, There is the worry of possible twin to twin transfusion syndrome at 18 weeks. Daily risk of losing them anyway. Would be a section delivery at 24 weeks. They have to be taken away as early as possible, with the coil still there. I can't describe that this feels like. Can't stop crying, can't even look at my husband without snapping at him, I just sit staring into space.
I don't want this. I feel I have a bomb strapped to me. I am married, one 10 year old. This is NOT what I wanted for second part of my life. I want it all to go away.

I have spent today on line booking flights for a termination this Saturday. Can anyone tell me what they would do in my shoes. I wish someone would just honestly say what they'd do, the doctors either cannot or won't or shouldn't. Please someone answer soon. I don't mind what responses I get, I just want to hear honest opinions from other older mums x
I miscarried and am wondering how to take my due date off the tracker????
I'm new to this site, 42 and TTC for 1 1/2 years.  I met my husband late in life and didnt think it was so difficult to get pregnant!  When I was younger I was flippin' at wanting to have a baby when I was in a long term relationship and now that I am past 40, found the man of my dreams,and am finding it hard to even get pregnant!  I was trying chinese herbs and accupuncture before we decided to try IVF before it is too late.  Even got my fibroids removed.  

I am trying IVF for the first time, and am now 9 days post 3day embryo transfered and started bleeding.. am feeling a little despondent thinking we may never have kids of our own.  My husband and I are both healthy and his sperm is good quality.  I am worried that my eggs are too old!  My blood test is not until the 3Nov which is a week from now.   I am not feeling confident right now. I was naughty and took a pregnancy test today.. of course it was negative but that may be too early.  

I have been reading some of the others' comments and they give me strength that I am not alone.  Also good to hear successful pregnancy stories!  For those in my case, we have to be strong and I want to persist, even though at moments like these I feel that it is all too hard and time is against me.
Hi! I just joined this community. It's great to find others experiencing pregnancy at 35+! I'm 38, will be 39 when our baby is born. We're finishing up our 12th week and cautiously starting to tell people our big news.

We live in northern California. My husband just got a job after almost a year of unemployment. I'm diabetic (type 2), hypothyroid and have only one functioning ovary -- the other one was surgically removed in childhood. My husband was diagnosed with abnormal motility and zero morphology. We were told the only way we'd ever conceive would be either by using donor sperm or maybe IVF and something called icsi. I was devastated. We just didn't have the money for fertility treatments.

Exactly two weeks later I got pregnant! I sometimes can't believe we're here, but we just saw our little guy/gal on our 12 week ultrasound this week and everything's going well! Our due date is May 15th.

I recently joined this community. I miscarried in March 2010 and I amnot 9 almost 10 weeks. I am 40. I was looking for a place where I could find other women going through the same.
HI EVERYONE! IM SO BLESSED TO BE PREGNANT AGAIN!! I'M 35,I HAVE TO SONS 10 & 15 YRS, I GOT REMARRIED AND MY DH HAS NO KIDS OF HIS OWN, SO HERE I AM STARTING OVER, AND I LOVE IT!! I HVE BEEN TTC SINCE 07, HAD A M/C IN FEB OF THIS YEAR. I HAD A MYOMECTOMY IN MARCH TO REMOVE A FIBROID. I'M SO EXCITED AND MY DH IS SO HAPPY!! I JUST DID'T BELIEVE THAT I WOULD GET PREGNANT SO SOON!! WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY PREGNANCY
Hello everyone
I'm 36 and pregnant with my second baby. I'm about 10 weeks and my due date is July 26, 2011.
Hello Everyone! I am new to this but I am hoping to make a few friends with some of you who are in the same boat as me hopefully! I am 35, newly pregnant with two boys at home. Good Luck everyone, and thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this group. Sunshine Lindsay, Ontario.
Hello-

I'm 37 (will be 38 soon) and 13.5w pregnant with twins (due 7/27/2011). Me and my DH have a beautiful happy DS who just turned 1last week. We are very excited and happy, but still a little nervous.

-Shannon
thanks its good to be here
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here too and very glad to be here.  I look forward to connecting with other moms.  Geez what reality I am over 35, when I had to pick this category, lol
Hi all.  Will be 40 in June.  I have 3 dd's aged 14, 13 13.  So 4th for me, 1st for dh.  Am due Dec 17th.  Already had my first prenatal visit.  Took us 4 yrs of ttc and 1 fresh ivf and 1 fet.  Here we are.  can'[t believe it really.  Am so excited. Sue
Well, I'm due to turn 41 in one week, and have JUST found out I am 4 1/2 weeks pregnant!!

I had a very good feeling I was, I had these symptoms - late period, sore breasts, cramping, light spotting, feeling dizzy & faint, headaches, lower back pain, indigestion (which I never get!!), and today for the first time, nausea!

I had a miscarriage 9 years ago, and it was so traumatic, it put me off the idea, then my poor Dad became ill with Leaukemia, and I lost him 19 months later.  Then, I had a total breakdown, and ended up nearly dying last July from acute alcoholic hepatits.  I've not touched a drop since, and never will again - It was a very stupid thing to do, turning to alcohol to numb my pain, it nearly cost me my life.

But now I have TWO lives to think about, and I am overjoyed!  My due date is 8th May 2012 - Can hardly believe it!  
I thought we may have trouble conceiving because of my age, but we fell lucky at our first attempt - We are so blessed!

I'm so pleased I found this page, as being over 35 and being pregnant is a little daunting too, for me any way!!

Natalie xxx
My name's Steph, I'm 40, & just found out that I'm pregnant. This will be my second child, my daughter is 18. I'm excited...but scared beyond belief! I don't personally know anyone over 40 who's had a baby. What's it like at this age? Any advice? Thanks!!!!
Iam 47.  Iam running out of time.  I have 3 fibroid s with no pain just pressure.
I yhought I was 10 weeks pregnant do to having vomiting and nausea.   My blood and urine test is negative. My breast r tender.I want a baby so bad.  Have anyone been pregnant and kept getting negative test.