Which progesterone supplement is best to take?
I just found out that my baby had passed.  I am 9 weeks pregnant.  This is my second mis. c. in 5 months.  My progesterone was 8.3 a week ago, but baby was fine.  I began taking progesterone suppositories two weeks ago, but it did not help.  For next time, the Dr. told me we should do progesterone again and baby aspirin from conception.  What do you all recommend for progesterone and should I try something else?  I am 39 and my heart is broken.  I need hope.  I wish I had started on progesterone and baby aspirin earlier.  I just want to be fully prepared if I am to try again.  Thanks for your help!
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I would recommend having your thyroid and cortisol levels checked in addition to your progesterone level. They all affect each other in fairly complex ways. You will want to make sure that your thyroid and adrenals are also functioning optimally. The endocrine system is very complex. As for progesterone supplements, I have heard that the suppositories are actually the best/most effective. I was on the over-the-counter cream, which is weaker. I'll never know for sure if it made the difference for me in this pregnancy or not-- or if my m/c was due to lack of progesterone. But it never hurts to do what you can with diet, exercise and supplementation to get your overall health, and especially that of your endocrine system, functioning optimally. Plus once you get your system working better, you will feel physically amazing, and that will help you with recovery from your m/c. Again, I am really sorry for what you are going through and I hope that you will be feeling better soon. Be gentle with yourself and know that you are not doing anything wrong. It's easy to blame yourself but there is no way to know for certain what causes an "early" miscarriage. (I know it doesn't feel early.)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I too, miscarried a little over a year ago, possibly due to low progesterone.  I did all sorts of tests, including all of the above mentioned by rubyinparadise and have been on natural progesterone(progonb) for the last 11 months since I m/c and other vitamins and minerals that I get through my Naturopathic Doctor.  I will continue this protocol as long as needed whether or not I become pregnant again because I feel like a new person and didn't realize how unhealthy I was till I started feeling better.  Getting yourself healthy again should be #1 priority and I believe when we are healthy we will be blessed with child and have a successfull pregnancy.  GOD BLESS!!!
sweatheart...I am so sorry for your loss. I do not have the answer to your question but my heart goes out to you
I am sorry for your loss.  I have trouble conceiving and need IVF treatments I have been on the baby asprin plan.  I also use the suppositories as well an the intramuscular shot of progesterone they hurt but it has worked well
Are they able to measure the progesterone through a blood sample when you do the suppositories?  When I started it, a week later my progesterone measured lower than the week before, but I had been doing 200mgs twice a day. Is the injection supposed to be better?
The progesterone testing I had done was via saliva vs blood sample. I am not sure how accurate it would be on the suppositories, but those would be good questions to ask your doctor.