Aa
A
A
Close
any tips on how to get baby engaged
I'm 39weeks pregnant today and baby still isn't engaged. My midwife has given me a date to get induced and its christmas day. i really don't want a baby born on that day. Is there any thing i can do to get baby engaged or bring on labour?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
294043 tn?1354211546
There is little you can do although you can try sex, it worked for some women on this forum  :)
Walking did not work for me.
Comment
Cancel
294043 tn?1354211546
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Squats worked for my cousin. Not weight lifting squats, but like practicing for labor. That and breathing through the belly like a singer. Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
wow i wkuldnt have thought theyd plan inductions on christmas day. i know how you feel im 38+4 and lie awake worried as to when ill go in labour and if he' be born on christmas day.
if its any consolation i dont think you often give birth the day youre induced so it may be boxing day
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My advice is to eat a vegetable and fruit tray for dinner, and get to sleep early, relax to the Max, to prepare your body for the labor and delivery marathon, do deep breathing, focus on any tension in your body and relax, if you find yourself holding you're breathe, you're having contractions, the small ones are just as valuable, so make sure you exhale during them, which pushes oxygen to the working muscles, and helps them contract more effectively,I also like to remember women have been having babies for centuries, to give me a little confidence, I've had 4 boys.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
For my last pregnancy I had that problem at 38 weeks. They told me sitting and light bouncing on an exercise ball and to walk uo a flight of stairs each day. Did both and baby was engaged at next appt. Had him 2 days later at 39 wks 3 days.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1816154 tn?1463433618
Blank
hansen20 commented on photo