Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
any tips on how to get baby engaged

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

any tips on how to get baby engaged

I'm 39weeks pregnant today and baby still isn't engaged. My midwife has given me a date to get induced and its christmas day. i really don't want a baby born on that day. Is there any thing i can do to get baby engaged or bring on labour?
There is little you can do although you can try sex, it worked for some women on this forum  :)
Walking did not work for me.
Squats worked for my cousin. Not weight lifting squats, but like practicing for labor. That and breathing through the belly like a singer. Good luck.
wow i wkuldnt have thought theyd plan inductions on christmas day. i know how you feel im 38+4 and lie awake worried as to when ill go in labour and if he' be born on christmas day.
if its any consolation i dont think you often give birth the day youre induced so it may be boxing day
My advice is to eat a vegetable and fruit tray for dinner, and get to sleep early, relax to the Max, to prepare your body for the labor and delivery marathon, do deep breathing, focus on any tension in your body and relax, if you find yourself holding you're breathe, you're having contractions, the small ones are just as valuable, so make sure you exhale during them, which pushes oxygen to the working muscles, and helps them contract more effectively,I also like to remember women have been having babies for centuries, to give me a little confidence, I've had 4 boys.
For my last pregnancy I had that problem at 38 weeks. They told me sitting and light bouncing on an exercise ball and to walk uo a flight of stairs each day. Did both and baby was engaged at next appt. Had him 2 days later at 39 wks 3 days.
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
renae176 uploaded new photos
KeeLolo commented on photo
KeeLolo commented on aiyanas_momma's status
Sep 24