Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
baby in womb startles easily

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

baby in womb startles easily

im in late pregnancy & my baby jumps at any loud noise. happens everyday. i googled baby getting startled in womb in late pregnancy & some of the results showed Foeral Alcohol Syndrome & damage to central nervous system... should i be worried? also im measuring small for 37 weeks & have an u/s in 4 days but until then im gonna worry
Avatar n tn
Worst thing to do is google for answers it'll just scare you lol!! Its normal for babys to jump at loud noises just means his ears and reflexes are working well, I'm 28 weeks and my lg jumps at loud noises too! I was measuring very small at 36 weeks with my last pregnancy had a scan and she was fine was born at 40 weeks 7lb8oz x
babies start to really be aware of things that are going on, on the outside, they startle just as much when they're newborn for a few weeks until they get used to the noises :)
Why would you suspect Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?  Is it a possibility?  (Babies don't get that unless the mom has been drinking heavily through the pregnancy.)  My baby used to jump whenever I coughed, he really didn't like it.  No damage to the central nervous system.
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
mandaszoo commented on photo
Aug 22
KeeLolo commented on photo
Aug 22