Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
baby's head too small at 30 weeks?

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

baby's head too small at 30 weeks?

At a routine 30 week ultrasound yesterday (I go every 3-4 weeks due to loosing a twin at 8 weeks), I learned that the baby's head was measuring small but the rest of her seemed to be on track. Overall she was in the 60th% for size, but individually her head was only in the 5th%!!?  She has been growing on track every week and head measurements have been a little                                                small all along but increasing each week.
I am freaking out something is suddenly, terribly wrong. They are sending me for a level II ultrasound next week to make sure. This is the first time they seemed to really be concerned that her head was small.
She is in the head down position and seems fine otherwise, heartbeat 141 and very active. All genetic markers came back negative, things seemed fine.
Anyone have experiences with "small head size"? Desperately need some reassurance.
Google has gotten the better of me the last 24 hrs and I am now expecting the worst!!  
thanks,
:( scared
I do not know anything about this, but I wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through this and I will pray for you and your little one, best wishes
My son didn't have small head size necessarily, but at my later u/s various areas measured differently. For example, abdomen might have been ahead, legs behind, etc. etc.  He was born small, but perfectly healthy and is now a healthy 8 month old.  I don't think this is all that uncommon, but it is good you are getting things checked out.  It's impossible not to worry, but in my experience they double check everything just to be safe.  Rarely is there a problem picked up at this stage that was missed earlier.  Good luck, and please let us know how you are doing.
Avatar n tn
thank you !!
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
KeeLolo Hope everyone has a great w... Comment
mhv commented on photo
Belle313 commented on hansen20's status