Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
complications 36 weeks and 5 days

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

complications 36 weeks and 5 days

I went into labor and delivery lastnight at 2am I was having 7 contractions every 30 mins about 1 to 2 mins apart. They gVe me an iv with fluids and checked me twice my cervix was 4cm long and when they checked it lastnight it was 1 1/2 to 2 cm long so there was progression. They gVe me visteral and then they said his umbilical cord was getting pinched because his heart rate would go from 98 to Bout 169. I don't.know what to do I am flustered by the situation I have been having contractions for about 3 months and my doctor took me off bed rest at 34 weeks and said that she isn't going to stop anything that my progress into labor. I don't know what I'm trying to get at well I guess I don't know what to do... What can I do?
Take a deep breath honey, it's going to be just fine.  It sounds like your Dr. is ok with you delivering, and you are only 2 days from what is considered full term anyway.  Just relax and let nature take its course now.  You and the baby will be great!  Did they have a suggestion that upset you or anything?  I am not certain if the pinched umbilical cord causes problems, but if they were worried about it, or it could cause complications, they most certainly would not have sent you home.  

You sound a bit panicky.  I know it all seems rather overwhelming and scary right now.  Is this your first?  Lots of babies come at 37 weeks, and have absolutely no problems at all.  All the best to you!!
Thank you, yes it my first... Can't you tell haha. ,
It is okay people do not know that the reason why they say pregnant for 9 months is because babies can be born between 36-40 weeks. Do not panic and let nature take its course and wait for a healthy beautiful baby. Good luck!
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
KeeLolo commented on Baseline blood work a...
1 hr ago
pb95 commented on Baseline blood work a...
1 hr ago
Vency commented on Gardezi's status