Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
constipation + cramps + pregnancy

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

constipation + cramps + pregnancy

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie, pls I just discovered through home testing and blood test that I'm pregnant for the first time after trying for 12years. I actually do not how far gone cos I can't remember my last period(Lol).the problem is that I'm constipated the whole day and I've cramps and its as if my period is starting also are these normal? Please I  will love to hear from you ladies. I'm 36years.  
Completely normal. I'm 6 weeks now and I alternate between constipation and loose BM on a daily basis. I also am not regular either so this definitely pregnancy related.  MILD cramping is normal too if the cramps get worse talk to your doc
Tanx for the reassurance and congratulations,the cramping is mild. I pray it stops very soon.
Congratualtions!  It took us quite awhile to get pregnant too and we ended up having to do IVF.  The cramping and constipation sound very normal.  The cramping could actually be due to the constipation.  

I'm 27 weeks pregnant now (also with my 1st) and I'd love to tell you the constipation goes away, but unfortunately mine has gotten worse the further along I've gotten:-(  Its all going to be worth it though.

Again congratulations!!
Congratulations to you also, I can't help but smile when you said it won't get better but its worth it. Tanx for the reassurance, I feel better knowing its normal.
OMG CONGRATS AND WELCOME!!! How exciting for you!! Constipation and cramps is TOTALLY normal. The first trimester is notorious for both... :)
Congrats! I had a lot of constipation in my pregnancy as well - I actually took Miralax for 2/3 of it, with my doctor's consent.