Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
ct scan

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

ct scan

Hi all...
Haven't posted in a while. I have a concern. So i am almost 9 weeks and I conceived on December 5....i did not realize I was pregnant until December 31. Well my concern is that on December 10 I had a ct scan on my knees. Could this cause harm to my baby?
Thanks everybody.
No you should be fine but if you are concerned ask your doctor :)
Thanks. Hope its fine. I have my check up tomorrow so I will mention it and see what he says.
I didn't think if it until I was trying to go to sleep last night. That's when I had the "holy crap!" moment. Hope the doc has some info for me.
I had a ct scan a little over a week ago and was told they dont put off much radiation and that it was deemed safe. They still wrapped my stomach in the lead blankets though.
Ok....that really makes me feel better...although they didnt put the lead cover on....but still...i feel lots better  
Just mention you weren't aware that you were pregnant at the time of the ct scan could it be any harm to my baby if the doctor.is concerned they will send you for an ultrasound but I'm sure you and your baby will be perfectly fine :) I'm 36 weeks and didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks & I freaked out coz I had been drinking quitealot the weekends before, but my son is perfectly healthy & due very soon! I hope everything works out xx
Ash92ftm,  8 weeks????   Did u not have any symptoms,  asking because I feel I am but haven't really had Any Symptoms...
Mia86, I didn't find out with baby #1 until I was 11 weeks. I kept having my cycle on time. Albeit a lighter cycle. I had 2 more after I found out! I had no symptoms.
I had no symptoms when i went for the ct...i guess at that point i was only at about 3 weeks or so and nothing had really started yet. Symptoms started coming around xmas but thought maybe my period was just late but when it didnt come by new years eve....i knew something was up. My period was never that late so in the afternoon i broke down and bought a test. As soon as i peed on it....the line lit right up!! I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and i hope that the ct didnt harm the baby....will check with the doctor today so here's hopin!
I had had quite a bit to drink around christmas to....it would have been great to find out sooner..but i wikk try not to worry.
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
hansen20 commented on photo
3 mins ago
Belle313 See journal for 5/24/16 Comment
11 mins ago
Risa615 commented on mhv's status
1 hr ago