em;0bryonic bradycardia
Hi I'm 37 and new to this site! I'm scared to death right now concerning this pregnancy and desperate for reliable info. I'm 8 weeks pregnant today and had my first u/s at 6wks and 2 days. The tech said the heart rate was only in the mid 70's and that it was too low. She said to come back in a week. I repeated the u/s a week later when I was 7 weeks 0 days and the tech said the heart rate had decreased to the mid 50's. Other than the low heart rate she said everything else looks great and the baby is growing. I do not understand how the baby is continuing to grow as scheduled if the heart rate is so low and the tech was very evasive in answering any of my questions. She told me to consult my OB. I finally got a hold of my OB and she told me that the heart rate was too low and she had no info to give me except to repeat the ultrasound in a week. I feel like I'm not getting straight answers from the radiologist or my OB and so I do not know what to think. My question is has anyone had this happen to them and what was the outcome? Also is it normal for the baby to grow on schedule  with a low heart rate. I have done research and most of it points to a dismal prognosis but I'm at a loss as to what to think!! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I go for a 3rd u/s tomorrow.
I am so sorry about the bad news but very few pregnancies have a good outcome with such low h/b.  Since in some rare cases it is possible to have a successful pregnancy with a low h/b at this age of gestation your ob suggested a repeat u/s.  I hope you get some answers next week.
I am so very sorry you are going through this.
Hi christieg37 I had the same problem wit the pregnancy of my son in 2005 his heart rate kept decreasing then finally I was sent to see a specialist for a routine u/s an my baby was diagnosed wit bradycardia they inducuced my labor at 5 and a half months and my angel only lived 2 hours after I gave birth to him. His lungs were under developed an his heart wasnt strong enough for him to live. So my blessing are with you I pray everthing goes okay make sure they send you to a great specialist for a u/s . Be blessed