Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
er visit

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

er visit

So i hv been to the er twice and My doc twice for urgent visits since finding out I was prego I'm 13 weeks I went twice from throwing up and twice fir spotting and cramp well the er PA made me feel like I had been soooooo much and basically like I hv been over reacting although each time I hv been treated I had a miscarriage in march so I am a little nervous but now I'm scared to go back smh not comfortable at all going if something feels off I hv insurance and I pay my deductible so I'm not sure what the issue is
You and your babies health is the most important. Don't let PA make you feel like you r over reacting, if you feel like u need to see them
you should go, you pay them so that would make u their boss :) and you can never b to carefull
U can go if u want but also consider that when u go u actually take a bed that can be use for someone who is in an emergency.  That's y they tell u that. I know u r paying but consider someone else is not getting medical attention when they actually need it. Now if u actually need it then go. But there a some things that u can consider so u can know if u really have to go to the ER. Like spotting is not one of them. Any bleeding less then completely soaking a pad within an hour in pregnancy is considered spotting. That is still normal. Now if ur soaking a pad then go in or if ur bleeding heavy n having painful cramps or bad blot clots then go in. Other then that wait to go to ur doc.
My doc is the one who sent me to the er as they can not give me fluids and I was so dehydrated that I passed out and crashed my car
Uhhhh..... Why did u go to Ur doctor than? U should had went to the er in the first place and being that dehydrated takes a huge toll on it baby!!
Umm you may not like this but I would try for a new doc. I was 8 weeks and had some small spotting. Made a call to doc's office and was seen quickly the next day. I had something else happen a week later and same thing next day appt. My doctors rarely likeb to send you to the ER because the ER doctor has no clue what your treatment plan is or your medical history. To them you are now this crazy overreacting FTM who in the future will be viewed through that lens and will have your future issues downgraded. Ins or not you this is not good