fibroids in pregnancy
I am 9 weeks pregnant and my doctor can't see the baby.  She told me that i have fibroids.  I have been spotting off and on for the past two weeks.  I am so nervous about everything because i go to the doctor every week hoping to hear some could news but i don't.  Could it be that the fibroids could be bigger than the fetus.
Hello, congratulations on your pregnancy.  I had fibroids with my first pregnancy, however they didn't develop until late into my 2nd trimester.  I had about 4 of them--the largest was the size of a plum.  Fortunately, they shrunk later in my third trimester, and eventually they dissolved.  In your case, I don't know if your fibroids will be an obstacle in how your pregnancy continues.  I know fibroids can get pretty large, but to what extent they pose potential risk to a developing fetus, I don't know.   Talk with your doctor about it, get the answers you need.  Fibroids are very common in pregnancy, your OB should have given you better insight.  I wish you the best, and please keep us posted.
I am not sure how to answer this.  I too have fibroids, but as far as I know it shouldn't get in the way of seeing the baby. Now I am certainly not a Dr., and I have no doubt that every case is a bit different.  What is your Dr.'s opinion and what are your HCG levels?  I wish you well, and am sorry you are going through all this stress.