help!
Im 36 weeks with no.2 my little girl just turned 2 four days ago, my question is dose anyone have any tips on getting her used to a new baby? She is a typical 2yo she has tantrums, hits, bites slaps pulls hair and throws things when shes not happy and im worried her behavior will get worse when this baby comes. Ive tried buying her, her own baby and teaching her that you have to be gentle but the second you say no when she wants something her baby is the first to cop the damage!
U won't know how she will react to a real baby till u bring her around one lots of kids go through it but when it comes to a real baby they r more careful but u need to show u love them equally and u won't put up with negative behavior towards the baby
Buy her a present from the baby for the first time she meets them - works wonders! Make sure you still give her your time where its just the two of you so jealousy is kept to a minimum. If she hits, bites etc the baby then she has to learn its not right so I'd recommend the naughty step technique. My three year old won't even let me get past 1 when I start counting cos she knows if I get to 3 then she's straight on the step! She'll soon learn then she needs to treat the baby gently. Good luck x