Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
hi ladies, im new here :-)

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

hi ladies, im new here :-)

Hi all, I just found out im pregnant today im so very happy but im so  scared at the same, worried something will go wrong! Im 38 and this is my 4th pregnancy, my youngest is 9 years old so it's been awhile since I was last pregnant! My hubby and I have been ttc for a year with no luck at all, this month we put everything we had into it, timing, planning etc and BAN got my bfp. So over the moon but now I worry, I got slight cramps today and I was like 'dont you date bleed' I've never had a MC before and really don't ever want to go through one but because of my age I am scared it's going to happen, am I just being silly?
I have an appointment with my doctor next Friday to confirm everything and do all the checks. Even though I only found out today and im only 11dpo, I took a first response 2 lines straight away then I took a clear blue digital thinking it will be too early to show, but it came up pregnant 1-2 weeks. The doctors go by the last period and for me that was August 17th so that makes me 4 weeks along. Any advice to stop me stressing would be great.  :-)
First of all...CONGRATS!  Second of all...you need to try to relax....whatever it takes.  Take care of you.  Stress is not good for the baby, and "stressing out" will not help.  As hard as it is, you almost have to take a "Que sera, sera" attitude.  Take a deep breath...get a massage, or do whatever you can to relax and enjoy!
Thank you I will try my best  :-)
Congratulations, my only tip is progesterone this is the first time I've used it and it defiantly helped me conceive, I have to take it for the first 3 months of pregnancy, but you can get your natural progesterone checked with blood tests. My thyroid failed in my last pregnancy but I'm not sure if it was after the MC, this time they are keeping close eye on thyroid and blood count.

Relaxing is for me feet up nattering to lovely ladies on here or watching dvd's like you cramp feelings scare me but I was told it could be the womb adjusting, or even lunch moving around!  Best wishes and good luck from the cider drinking green pastures, Somerset, South West England x