Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
home fetal dopplers (canada)

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

home fetal dopplers (canada)

Hi all,
I see a couple of you have mentioned fetal dopplers recently. I had no idea you could buy these for home use!

What's your experience been like? Do you recommend them? If so, what brand? I'm particularily interested in hearing from those of you who have bought one in Canada. (Many vendors, including Amazon.com, do not ship electronics to Canadian addresses.)

Thanks!
Molly
I'm in Canada (Calgary).  I ordered mine on Ebay.  I am looking at it trying to find the brand name, but it doesn't say and I can't find the old box.  However, it says Pocket Fetal Doppler, it's 3MHZ and I remember it was available in different colors (orange or blue I think...I got the orange one).  It's basically all white with an orange piece on the front. I love it...I took it to my OB to learn how to use it properly (so I didn't worry myself) and she said it was as good as hers.  It has a digital readout too, which I like, telling me beats per minute.  It was around $100 US if I remember correctly, and worth every penny to me.  Good luck.
Thanks! I'll have a look on eBay. Sounds cheaper than some of the other ones I have found online.
Molly
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
LandM2009 commented on renae176's status
18 mins ago
LandM2009 15dpo and bfn again. I've b... Comment
20 mins ago
renae176 Gosh Transfer is tomorrow m... Comment
43 mins ago