Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
how do i know if i've passed my mucus plug?

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

How do I know if I have passed my mucus plug?
You should notice, at least I did.  Thick mucus that came out when I went to the bathroom.  It had a few strands of blood in it and actually plopped into the toilet.  I was so excited... Good luck!
Yeah...its kinda obvious...i went to pee one morning and when i wiped i was like OMG WTF?!?! My hubby was standing there brushing his teeth...he said...what on earth is that?!"...lolol...needless to say it was most of my plug.
Well, I have to disagree a bit...it's not always overly obvious.  Mine came in tiny bits an pieces over time.  The only real indicator was what looked like a bit of spotting.  When I saw my OB, she said it was just my mucus plug beginning to come away.  All the best to you!
I dont remember seeing anything with my first two.  But the other day I wiped and had a glob of white stuff and a little blood.  The doctor told me it was part of my mucus plug.
I lost mine a few days ago! I'm so nervous!
you probablu havent lost it all, but its a really good sign, it means your cervix is starting to soften and ripen so you may find yourself loosing abit more in a few days :)

the mucous plug is kinda like yellowish egg white.

It can come out all at once and have some blood in it, or it can be clear with no blood and come out slowly over a period of time.

it is not unusual to have lots of mucous in the last few weeks.... I get big globs of the stuff from time to time (sorry TMI) and I am 35 weeks and expecting to go full term.
So im confused cuz wen i was was washing myself down dere i had a glop of clear mucus about da size of a quarter come out is it my mucus plug plz someone help!!