ivf and polycystic ovaries
This is my 2nd try at ivf, I  went into preterm labor and m/c at 19wks with my first pregnancy and the docters could not determine why other than to say I could possibly have an incompentent cervix, my dilima now with this pregnancy is if I have an i/c cervix should I get a stich to prevent my cervix from dilating too early, btw i'am pregnant with twins. Much help is needed in helping me to make my decision.

TIA
I had to make your same decision with my first pregnancy and with this one too.
Due to previous surgeries I have a weak cervix and my doctor, when I got pregnant the first time, told me that I could have a second trimester miscarriage. But he wasn't sure.

He gave me two options with my first pregnancy:
1) prevention: cerclage at 14 weeks
2) wait to see what is going on with a very close monitoring and If I need the stichs an emergency cerclage later on in the  pregnancy. The problem is that a cerclage later on is more complicated and risky.

To be save I decided to have the cerclage at 14 weeks.Because everything went well with my first pregnancy (I delivered at 40 weeks) I decided to have the cerclage also with this pregnancy. I will have it in about 3 weeks.

You and your husband are the only one that can decide what to do, i can only tell you that the cerclage is supposed to be a save and not complicated surgery. You need a day or two to recovery. The stichs are a little annoying, but it is for a good reasons.

This time I have a new doctor to perform my cerclage because I moved to another city. I hope he is good. I haven't met him yet because is part of the risky pregnancy team at the university of Chicago Hospital.
Thank you pesce, one more question were you then put on complete bed rest and if so explain what is complete BR.
No bed rest. They told me to take it easy the day after. I remembered it was end of June and I just spent the day in my back yard getting tan. I had the cerclage on Thursday and went back to work on Monday.