lamictal+tegretol for epilepsy and pregnancy on age of 37
hi.i am37 years old.from 14 years old i started to have first sizer.(maybe cause was  fell down of bicycle and to be so naughty child).no one had szr in my family before.
i tried many types of drugs recommended by my dr. for my epilepsy.
but even by drugs seizure   happens to me from time to time ,approximately every 3 month (or every 6 months)and specially in my period time it occurs.but it is about 1 year i kept myself out of stress (take rest at home,no work outside)and about 1 year no seizure.  
(explaining no work cause no concentration and loss of memory!)
at the meanwhile i am taking 400mg lamictal plus 600mg phenitoen per day.(one week ago talking to my dr.,he recommended to  replace phenitoin with tegretol). would you please let me know with this dose of medicine daily and with considering of my age 37 ,can i be pregnant?
what will be the risks for me and baby?
if during pregnancy szr comes ,what will happen?
i would be appreciated of your detailed description and reply to my questions as i do need your recommendation.tnx in advance.
Hi mana11,

I am not exactly sure what you are asking.  Are you pregnant now?  Wondering if you can get pregnant?

I wanted to let you know that there are no doctors on this forum - we are just women over 35 who are pregnant or are trying to conceive.  There is an "ask the experts" section of the site, where you can ask your question to a doctor.  There is a fee, but many women have gotten great feedback there.  

I can tell you that you pregnancy when you have epilepsy is possible, but you need to be followed very carefully by your doctors, and you need to discuss all of the treatment options, such as medication.  Most doctors advise staying on medications as having a seizure when pregnant can decrease oxygen to the baby.  There is a small increased rate of seizure in pregnancy, likely related to hormonal and metabolic changes.  Again, I am not a medical doctor - I am only a neuropsychologist (and I mainly work with children) and this is information I have learned from neurologists I work with.  You really need to consult with your neurologist and gynecologist.  Good luck.
Dear nola0805,i do appreciate for your answer and giving your time to me.i am not pregnant yet. i am wondering if i can be prgnt. in 5-6 months later or obliged  to forget to be a mother forever (which is so sad for me,).i am new member on this site i  will check i will check that section you mentioned.as u said ,i do need  dr. comments on this regard,tnx again