low amniotic fluid
I had an extra scan on tuesday as my baby is measuring up a few weeks smaller then it should be. I am 35 weeks and 5 days. The scan showed that the baby is a bit small - only about 4lbs 10ozs and that there is a very low level of fluid in there - (7). So i have to see a consultant on mon and have another scan. This is my 3rd baby and my other 2 were fine...i always measured weeks ahead and both were a week late and were big babies.
my quest is does anyone have any ideas of what outcome i can expect on monday? If fluid levels stay the same will i go to full term? Why would this baby be smaller then my previous babies and if the scan shows the level has dropped or the baby hasnt grown much would they leave him/her there or induce me??
Any advice/information would be appreciated.

I'm a bit confused about all of this as i fully expected to go over my DD and have a big baby. Instead i am so tired, terrible back ache and when the baby moes it actually really hurts - in saying that he/she has slowed down alot in the last week which i have mentioned to the doctors and midwife.
A friend of mine went for an ultrasound at 32 weeks and the baby weighed about 4lbs and the fluid levels were low.  I think she said that her placenta had stopped working properly.  They took the baby by c-section that same day.  I'm not saying that this will happen to you, but hers is the only case I've heard like this.  That was her outcome.  I assume they will look at the your placenta as well to see if it is working properly.  Be prepared for anything.
drink a lot of water and rest....  if the baby is not moving a certain amount like in a non stress test the will take the baby...
with my now 6yo dd, she had low fluid. however, i was term when it happened and they immediately induced me. i have read lots of places that you should consume lots of water. that may help. otherwise that, i would suggest just relaxing and not worrying yourself. im sure the dr's will have everything under control. hope all goes well.
Thanks for your replies. I had my scan and fluid went up a little and baby has put on a little weight. I am nearly 38 weeks and he/she is about 5Lbs 5ozs. I am having regular CTG's to monitor babys heart beat and movement...and i see the consultant again on monday.
The only thing now are the headaches, (not pounding just there) and this pain under my right rib and to my back.I think i will get more sleep and rest when the babys out rather then when he's in.......I almost want the baby out now as then i can see him and fatten him/her up myself........i have been told to be very aware of movements....and to come straight in if anything changes which all just adds to the stress.
They wont let me have a home birth which is very disappointing but they say there may be a problem with the placenta..I know i have to do whats best for baby but cant help be disappointed by it all.....Oh well... Fingers crossed. :)