Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
medcaid question

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

medcaid question

I live in new York I have medicaid for my self and I got a unborn baby card so the baby has Medicaid when its born. My question is if I  give the baby the father last name will the baby lose its medical?
The baby wont lose benefits.  However,  giving the baby the fathers last name will probably cause the public aid to question his whereabouts.  They may send him a bill for half the medical costs of having the baby plus prenatal care.

If hes living with you and low income,  he should have nothing to worry about.
You can count on public aid asking you tons of questions regarding the father.  If you dont furnish info,  you will lose benefits.  You "potentially" would be givng the baby his last name,  so you should know alot about him.  Thats what the public aid office will be thinking.

The best thing you can do is add him before the baby is born.  Since the cost of living is soo high in new york,  chances are excellent he will qualify.  If he doesnt,  maybe he already has insurance and can add the baby.  If you dont add him now ,  but add him after the baby is born,  he will owe that money.

Im not sure what your relationship is with him,  but you should discuss what he wants to do.
Its a sticky he's my brotherinlaw brother who I have been on and off with for years. He's on employment he gets 400 a week and has no insurance. It doesn't bother me he will get billed that's his problem I just don't want the baby to lose her Medicaid because I can't trust him . And. I don't want the back y to be with out it. I among it and do us my other daughter
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
renae176 commented on renae176's status
Risa615 commented on Saw the babies again ...
Jul 27
Risa615, and KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
Jul 27