miscarriage and clomid
I received a + on a HPT this morning and then 3 hours later I miscarried.  My OB told me I can start clomid as soon as my test comes back -.  How soon would my HCG go down?  I was only about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant.  It is possible for me to start clomid in the next few days?  This is my first miscarriage.

Jenny
I have no idea but I heard that women take Clomid during the 3-8 days of their cycle so I guess you have to wait till your next cycle? I think you should contact your OB about this!
I'm wondering about this too.  I had a positive hpt last Thursday the 1st of April.  Blood draw the next day had hcg at only 24 :(.  Hcg three days later on Monday was lowered to 21 :(.  Two days later, today, I began bleeding at 10am.  Is this considered cycle day 1 even though it is a miscarriage?  Can I take my clomid then in 2 days?  I have heard women often ovulate 2 weeks after their miscarriage begins - just as though it was cycle day 1 when the miscarriage began.  I want to get pregnant again ASAP.  I was only 4.5 weeks along when I began bleeding today.  Cramps and all are not too unbearable (yet?).  It's sort of like a late period is all.  I want to take my clomid, ovulate, and get pregnant!  I don't want to risk my fertility doc telling me to hold off or trying to be too cautious.  I want to conceive again.  Any thoughts?
I am sorry for your loss - I had a miscarriage 8/01 - and was on chlomid.  Dr had me wait one cycle before I tried again - I had a cycle I sat out on 9/01 and conceived my DD 10/01... Good Luck
I am so sorry for your loss.  I too have experienced this and I know how painful it is.  No, miscarrying is not the same as your cycle.  Prior to starting clomid again, it is usually best to wait a full cycle.  Typically your period will come anywhere from 3-6 weeks after miscarriage bleeding.  You usually have your period 2 weeks after ovulation, so while some may ovulate 2 weeks after their loss, others will take longer.  I usually ovulated about 3 weeks after, then had my period 5 weeks after.  It's also possible to ovulate earlier.  I had my last miscarriage in April of last year, and found out only a few weeks later I was pregnant again...no period in between.  The result of that pregnancy is now 11 weeks old, so hang in there, it will happen for you.  Take care and good luck to you.  

Also, if I might make a suggestion.  You have posted this at the end of a 2 year old thread.  You might find you get more responses by starting a new thread.  Again, I am so sorry for your loss, and wish you well.