painful hip joints
Hi, I'm 17weeks, 36yrs old and alls great except for one annoying thing!

I sleep on my side's..omg! Pain after an hour is ridiculous....there is no infection,dysplasia or anything just the bones ache really really bad. I bought a full body pillow which worked for a while and changed the mattresses but the last week its got worse :(    lucky to get 2hrs of unbroken sleep per night...I work from 5.30am till 6pm so sleep is a must.

Any advice on a way to ease this or sleeping position greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance xx
The best investment I made was a snoogle.  I'm really tall and prone to lower back pain, so this pillow really helped.  You can get them at Babies r' Us.  They aren't cheap...about $70, but they support legs, tummy and back and worked.  I tried everything, and that was the only thing that worked for me.

Good luck!
Thankyou x will look into one of them, I just want a few nights of full sleep before sleeping becomes something of myth and legend when this little one arrives ><

Funny thing is my mum told me today she was the same carrying my brother, really bad pains in both hips while sleeping, but none at all with my sister Ir I Oo.

Thankyou again (hugs) x
I was sent to physical therapy for the same thing. Only mine happens during the day as well. There are some stretches that are helping a bit.
Well went for physio today....turns out I have an arthritic hip...oh the joys....all down to a shatteredo knee at 16, and a broken foot 4yrs ago both on the left... Great!

So been given a few gentle exercises and a weird looking padded sling for sleeping with, they can't do much due to me being pregnant but are watching it incase it decideds to dislocate...
Guess its feet up for me with a gallon of squash and ice cubes and a 12 pack of beef monster munch ><

I find that yoga does wonders for my achy hips and back. They were injured in a car wreck several years ago.