penicillin
Hi All,

Iam having a terrible toothache the dentist said it is my wisdom tooth growing below my other tooth.She prescribed penicillin due to infections and I have a fever. I am scared to take it thinking that it may affect my babies. I am pregnant with twins.My first pregnancy ended in m/c at 5 1/2/ months.She said its ok for pregnant women to take.I am still taking my progestorones.

Do any of you out there can give me any advise.It will be greatly appreciated.Thanks
I think you should call your OB doctor for more information...

I have kinda infection on my gum... my doctor told me ask my dentist for prescription Augmentin...  It's a antibiotic... It's safe while you are pregnant.

yes.  Call your Ob.  There are antibiotics that are considered safe during pregnancy. You can also ask your pharmacist about safety of penicillin or other antibiotics during pregnancy.

You need to treat the infection, because that in itself is risk for you babies.

I took amoxicillian while pregnant, had checked with the pharmascist first and was told it was fine.  Super sally is right, don't ignore the infection, it needs to be dealt with.  I am not sure about penicillian, but I know for certain amoxicillian is fine.  Just ask that pharmascist, they are the experts on drugs.  Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
Amoxicillin is a synthetic form of Penicillin and is considered safe during pregnancy.
Penicillin is one of the meds prescribed to pregnant women with a Strep B infection.  So, I assume it's safe
Pennicillin is safe during pregnancy the wisdom tooth infection is not ok however so if you are  still feeling anxious call your OB to get their approval but don't wait too long to start taking an antibiotic for the infection
Thanks Eveyone.