Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
pregnant after tubes tied?

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pregnant after tubes tied?

hello all im a 38 yr old female have had tubes tied going on 13 yrs. recently stated get naused, feeling and looking bloated, dizzy headed, and runnin to toliet alot, i had my normal period on august 3 for the normal 3 to 4 days, then started a lite bleeding on sept 1 but only one day, so im asking if anyone has been preg. after having tubes tied and if so does this sound the same? please help took pg test but neg.

It is possible to get pregnant after having tubes tied, but very unlikely.  Seeing you're only   about 3 days late if you were pregnant it would be possible to get a negative test still.  I would repeat the test in a couple more days and if it's negative and you're still feeling different go to your doctor for a checkup.

It could also be something like a kidney or bladder infection.... which could have thrown your body off and doesn't always have to be painful.

Let us know how you go.
I think Super Sally gave excellent advice.  I wanted to add that if you do get a positive test, go to the dr ASAP as pregnancy following a tubal can more easily result in an ectopic pregnancy.  I hope you get to feeling better soon -
Avatar n tn
i had my tubes tied in march had a normal cycle in april and may a short cycle in june and no cycle since and its sept could i be pregnant ?
It's possible but very unlikely.  I would take a hpt to rule out pregnancy & if it's positive, see the dr right away as it could be an ectopic due to tubal scarring - good luck!
I have a friend that had her tubes tied and she got pregnant afterwards.  I'm not sure how they did the procedure back then (she's 60 now) but it certainly didn't work on her the first time!

Sheri
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
krichar commented on Saw the babies again ...
KeeLolo commented on photo
KeeLolo, mhv, veronica0808, Vency, and Risa615 commented on Belle313's status