Aa
A
A
Close
should I be induced or wait it out?
My due date is august 26. My doctor originally told me that we would wait a week after my due date and if I didn't go by then, they would induce me on September 3. However, she then gave me the option of being induced aug. 27. I would like for him to come on his own, but I wasn't dilated a few days ago at last doctor appt. and he is so far in my ribcage that I can't breathe. Opinions please!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
3360193 tn?1365875489
You have a two week variation window on your due date, some women don't dilate until they are in labour, its not a given you'll be so far dilated at 40w.  Some Dr's jump to induction far too quick, inducing the day after due dates, on due dates etc. Being from a healthcare background i would say wait it out and give your body the chance to progress normally. Induction shouldn't be carried out unless necessary x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I would wait unless there is a medical reason to induce, not to mention September has a better birth stone!  
Joking aside induction is harder and chances increase it will end in a csection.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
4268628 tn?1375044776
I agree..I would wait until you are further past your due date to let baby come on its own. If thus is your first, you are more likely to be a bit longer naturally. I went 5 days late. I had that choice too and when my water broke I was barely dilated at all. So do not base it on that. Like mentioned earlier some women dont til they are in active labor. Watch out also for doctors who will just try to push you into inducing. I had one who tried pushing when i went in, the dr on duty who was also thecchief. He felt I wasn't in enough pain to go naturally. I told him no. Don't be afraid to say no.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I was induced and everything went great. Had to be induced bc my bby was already too big. baby came out healthy w no problem and it was vaginal.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
4548024 tn?1474842725
Blank