so ready!
I'm 37 weeks & 5 days went to the doctor on Wednesday and she said I was 4 cm and could feel the babys head but sent me home, saying I should go into labor by that night... well we are Thursday night and still nothing happening.. what can I do to help move this along.... I really thought they would have kept me and just induced me......
Have sex :)
It is best for the baby to stay in there as long as possible and most insurance companies frown on inductions before the due date (my insurance wanted patient to be at least 39 weeks before induction...I think my daughter's insurance wanted patient to be at least 38 weeks).

There are many things that are supposed to help jump start labor (walking, sex, a car ride on a bumpy road...various foods) but none have actually be shown to do anything when tested empirically. Babies come when they are ready and unless there is a compelling medical reason to hurry things along (such as uncontrollable high blood pressure) it is better for the baby to let nature take its course.

Congratulations to you and best wishes for an easy, uneventful and safe delivery