tramadol at 34 weeks pregnant
i have a friend that is 34 weeks pregnant with a boy,shes been taking at least 6, 50 mg tramadols a day.if she stops within the next couple of days or weeks will or can it show up when she goes into labor in her or her newborn childs system???//and also is it safe???i know it has aspirin in it but is it considered to be a narcotic of some type.????..i need all my questions answered as soon as possible please thanks.
She needs to report the meds she's taking to her dr.  That way they can have a plan on what's the best way to proceed.  And aspirin in pregnancy is a big no, it puts mom at a huge risk for bleeding.  As far as tramadol being a narcotic I believe its a synthetic form of codine. Either way for the safety of the baby and her she needs to inform her dr.  
I have to take baby aspirin everyday because I have a clotting disorder and if I don't then I won't carry to term with a baby
The thing is if it is a type b medication its ok to take during pregnancy, if not, its a huge risk. I can'ttake migraine meds for this reason. Check with a pharmacist and her ob.
oh and narcotics tend to lower the babies heartrate.
Hi and Welcome! Yes,,most hospitals will test for narcotics. Its very very important that your friend report this to her doctor as tramadol has withdrawal effects that can harm her baby. It will be OK but she really needs to be honest. Keep us posted. ((((hugs))))~Bkitty
Hi, i am sara and i am from the substance abuse forum.  Your friend needs to tell her OB about this ASAP.  This drug can be very dangerous if it isnt tapered down under a doctors supervision.  There are risks of seizures with this med.  Many states are now putting Tramadol on the controlled substance list as it reacts like synthetic morphine.  It also contains an old style anti depressant.  Wd's can be very hard with this and longer lasting than most narcotics.  Please have her talk with her OB.  She and the baby's safety is the important thing here.
People who have a clotting disorder baby aspirin is fine, those who do not, aspirin can put u at risk for bleeding.  I was on tramadol for 2 years but never while pregnant. Please encourage her to tell her ob asap.  Good luck.