Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
trying to be happy

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

trying to be happy

My fiance and I had a stillborn in July.  Our Lillian stopped moving the day before her due date. Its been so hard for both of us. But we find ourselves pregnant again and too scared to be happy. I worry I dont want to get attached and get my heartbroken. I dont want to be sending this baby any bad emotions
Its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I think you'll find you would regret it a lot more if something happened to your new little bundle of joy and it never got to feel how much mommy loved it. I bet your pregnancy will be perfect (: dont worry your pretty little head. Love on that baby!!
try to be as happy as can be because if you stress about it you can put the baby under stress and it could cause some serious issues and i am so sorry for your loss. i really hope everything gets better i cant imagen a mother losing her baby thee day before her due date thats sad and i am so sorry to hear that
Thank you both. Had my first appointment and got to see the new one. My doctor also reassured me that if ever I just want to come in and hear the heartbeat, I can. Taking your advice and trying to be positive
I have been thinking about you and praying for you and baby. It is a horrible experience that you went thru. I couldn't imagine what you have we t thru and what you are feeling. I lost twins at 9 1/2 weeks (thier hearts stopped and I had no clue until the ultrasound) and I was devastated. And I was only in the first trimester.
Hang in there. Love that baby! Whenever you feel unsure about something take the doctor up on his offer and go and see or here baby to reassure yourself. I did that this pregnancy and it really helped. My husband bought me a fetal Doppler and I can listen  to baby whenever I want if I feel I need reassurance. I am 30 weeks now and I am feeling less worried so I find I am not needing to listen anymore cause I can feel him moving round.
Hopefully for this pregnancy for you that doctor can keep a close eye on baby.  Have you thought about maybe having a early c-section this time so you don't feel so anxious as you get closer to your due date.
I wish you all the best!
My deepest sympathy can't imagine how you both felt but as advised I would take up docs offer & buy a Doppler too for reassurance. Love baby & try not to be too anxious I'm sure everything will work out your in my prayers
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
mhv commented on photo
Belle313 commented on hansen20's status
Belle313, and renae176 commented on renae176's status
Jul 28