zinc
I swear by zinc lozenges on the first onset of a sore throat. I'm only 5 Weeks pregnant and wouldn't you know it, I have the start of a sore throat. anyone know if it's ok to take the lozenges? I know, I know, I need to ask my OB but I don't even have one in place yet since I'm so early on.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Zinc is a mineral and as such is water soluable (your body takes what it needs and excretes the rest), and it is also good for your baby, so if you're not feeling well, go ahead and use those lozenges.  Hope you feel better soon.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
This is a life saver I'm 33 weeks nd woke up with a cold yesterday nd also sware by zinc nd was going to ask BC there is not much else u can do
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1907180 tn?1329454377
I have a cold and I talked to the pharmasict. And he says all I can take is Tylenol. No cough candies, no vitamin c, unless it is naturally occurring. No extra zinc, except what is in my prenatal vitamins. I checked with my doctor and they agreed. She did give me a prescription for a nasal spray to help with breathing. It is called Flonase.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Flonase...isn't that addictive?? Just use a netti pot. I think there are low dose zinc lozenges and supplements. I'd get a 2nd opinion r research more, but imho & recent experience: sore throat came on and went away on its own. So how about just trying a little extra water and orange juice, or squeeze fresh lemon into warm or hot water? Would you give your baby flonase for stuffy nose? If not, don't use it for yourself either. Think about the fact that you can have a baby...our bodies can do amazing things...healing is one of them. :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank
renae176, KeeLolo, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status