zinc
I swear by zinc lozenges on the first onset of a sore throat. I'm only 5 Weeks pregnant and wouldn't you know it, I have the start of a sore throat. anyone know if it's ok to take the lozenges? I know, I know, I need to ask my OB but I don't even have one in place yet since I'm so early on.
Zinc is a mineral and as such is water soluable (your body takes what it needs and excretes the rest), and it is also good for your baby, so if you're not feeling well, go ahead and use those lozenges.  Hope you feel better soon.
This is a life saver I'm 33 weeks nd woke up with a cold yesterday nd also sware by zinc nd was going to ask BC there is not much else u can do
I have a cold and I talked to the pharmasict. And he says all I can take is Tylenol. No cough candies, no vitamin c, unless it is naturally occurring. No extra zinc, except what is in my prenatal vitamins. I checked with my doctor and they agreed. She did give me a prescription for a nasal spray to help with breathing. It is called Flonase.
Flonase...isn't that addictive?? Just use a netti pot. I think there are low dose zinc lozenges and supplements. I'd get a 2nd opinion r research more, but imho & recent experience: sore throat came on and went away on its own. So how about just trying a little extra water and orange juice, or squeeze fresh lemon into warm or hot water? Would you give your baby flonase for stuffy nose? If not, don't use it for yourself either. Think about the fact that you can have a baby...our bodies can do amazing things...healing is one of them. :)