Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
11 weeks and starving

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

11 weeks and starving

So tomorrow I will be 11 weeks and for the past 3.5 weeks I have been starving almost every minute of the day. When it first started i was in the middle of my 8th week and it was every 2 hrs. My dr said well thats when u should eat anyways. I know every pregnancy is different and I didnt feel this way with my daughter, in fact it was the opposite. I couldn't eat much of anything until my 2nd trimester w/o meds. Then when i entered my 9th wk I was hungry more and in between the 2 hrs. I know for sure we only saw one baby in fact I have had 2 ultrasounds and only one sac. :D

Anyone else having this problem? If so what are you doing to get full? I just finish eating @ 1pm and here it is 30 mins later and Im starving! Im so tired of eating seems like it not enough variety of food to eat :D.

Help!
I had the same problem when I was pregnant last year.  I was on the low end of the weight scale when I got pregnant so I assumed by body was telling me to increase caloric intake.  I actually found that high calorie/high fat foods helped ease my starvation but thats not exactly the healthiest approach.  Things were much better once I got into the 2nd trimester though.
Same here! I AM STRAVING!!! lol I am only 8-9w and I just want to eat!!! And I am eating all the bad things!! lol
Well I wasn't on the low-end of the weight scale, like spade, but I've been starving like a madwoman this pregnancy. I try to make myself wait (I don't get nauseous if I wait).

First, before you eat ANYTHING you should drink a glass of water. This will fill your stomach up and get you the water you need. Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger. So always drink water first.

Second, eat lots of proteins and fresh fruits/veggies! Don't eat empty carbs and sugars and junk food. Otherwise you'll gain a ton of weight from your eating (like I did with my first pregnancy!). You do need carbs, I'm not saying you can't eat any. But don't fill yourself with pizza and doughnuts and whatever else. Popcorn is a GREAT complex carb that you can indulge in.
I agree with JoyRenee.....eat whole grains too. Anything that doesn't have empty calories will help you probably.
*By popcorn I meant low or no salt and low or no butter. It's really easy and inexpensive to pop your own!
Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll try the water before every meal and hope that helps. I have some honey cherio I snack on between meals. The problem is if i wait then i get nauseous and then dont feel good after i eat. I'll try all the ideas. Thanks!
I am eight weeks and 5 days pregers and i am always hungry. this is my third baby it didnt happen to me with my other pregnancies.now when im hungry and dont eat right away i feel sick. hope it passes dont want to gain too much weight!!
I always seem to be starving in my first trimester- that is also when I gain the most weight. By the time I reach 20 weeks I lose my appetitie and stop gaining weight, but that is just what is regular for me.
Seems like it slowed down (knocking on wood) but its much better now.
KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Sep 29
KTowne 26 weeks, feeling blessed a... Comment
Sep 29
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy